Water Circulation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nelsontreyjones

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 40 Gallon Breeder with an Marineland 400 Emperor and a Fluval 206. Is this enough too current the circulation I need. It seem that debris collects in certain spots. Would maybe like a nano circulation pump needed or help? Or maybe even a HOT Magnum 250 for me gph.

Last edited:
I actually use Koralia Nano pumps in my 220g to get water movement to dead spots. They work great.

This is what I have, the 240 models... Water Pumps & Wavemakers: Hydor Koralia Nano 240 & 425. They can easily be aimed to deflect off glass but the flow isn't hard IMO. I deflect all my outflows and powerheads off the glass as it seems to move it around the tank better. I actually have alot of good flow in my tank and neither my fish or plants have problems. You actually want your plants to sway slightly as the current keeps the detris from settling on them and nutrients flowing to them. If you have dead spots then they aren't going to be too much.

That exactly the one I was looking at. Just didn't know if I should get that or an Marineland HOT Magnum 250 since that has 250 gph as well. I guess 1 of the Nano 240 should be okay for a 40G Breeder?

Not at all. My fish love it. My Regal Tang swims towards my powerhead and then let's the current push her across the tank. Over and over again.

Back
Top Bottom