Water cycling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jason6942

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just started a new tank and cycle 3 days ago. I used about 3 gallons of "dirty" water from my other tank and added about 6 gallons of treated water(I used prime). After 3 days my ammonia is 0 and nitrites are at about .5 so is my tank already at the nitrite to nitrate part of the cycle that soon or should I maybe add a fish or ammonia(I'm doing a fishless cycle now)

I just started a new tank and cycle 3 days ago. I used about 3 gallons of "dirty" water from my other tank and added about 6 gallons of treated water(I used prime). After 3 days my ammonia is 0 and nitrites are at about .5 so is my tank already at the nitrite to nitrate part of the cycle that soon or should I maybe add a fish or ammonia(I'm doing a fishless cycle now)

Seems to be about half way there. Do you have an ammo source?

Just the dirty water from my other tank. When I added the old water it was really bad. I have a tetra I could put in

What about three guppies I can't seem to find any pure ammonia.

Any hardware store or any grocery store sells pure ammonia also walmart and kmart target. I know you should have a wally world

I looked at target and wal mart but the bottles were bubbling when I shook them ill try ace I didn't even think of that. There is one right up the street from me

Back
Top Bottom