Water Top Offs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bettababe1011

Aquarium Advice Addict
When I do a top off, how do I condition the water? Is it just the water that I put in? Thanks in advance.

Courtesy of Dakota's iPod.

When you mean top off, are you talking, bowl? or tank? I always pre-treat before I put the water into the tank, since my pH is very high.

gkuzel said:
When you mean top off, are you talking, bowl? or tank? I always pre-treat before I put the water into the tank, since my pH is very high.

I'm sorry for the confusion. Tank. My cycle is complete now, and I need to top the tank off. There was a lot of evaporation from elevated temperature, an I need to top it off before adding fish. So just pre treat the water that's being put in?

I condition the water that I'm putting in the tank, not the entire tank all over again. I suppose conditioning the entire tank wouldn't hurt, but probably not necessary.

Yes, just the water you are adding should be fine.

How often/how much are you topping off? You are still doing regular PWCs in addition to topping off the tank right?

fort384 said:
Yes, just the water you are adding should be fine.

How often/how much are you topping off? You are still doing regular PWCs in addition to topping off the tank right?

I don't have any fish in here yet. I'm topping it off after my cycle has finished. I will do regular water changes once I get the fish, like I do with my Betta.

Sounds good!

I missed your post above where you said it was a newly cycled tank.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom