What Can Go in a 1G Bowl?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

guppygourami

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi everyone,

I want to make use of my 1G (possibly less, how can I find out the gallonage of it?) 'fish' bowl. Obviously not going to put fish in there but I really like snails and shrimp and was wondering if a couple of either could go in there(?). Any suggestions? I already have gravel, a background and a live plant in there that has its stem submerged. Thanks in advance!

A Oscar, Jack Desmpsy, and a Arrowana. IM JUST KIDDING Yes that would work some shrimp and snails would work great and a small small inside the tank filter would be a pretty cool tank!

"Been a fish owner since I was born."

Snails sound cool but I think I would be leaning more towards shrimp if they're possible. What type(s) can I keep and how many of them?

Keep a few Red Cherry Shrimp. I'd say 5 of them. Get either a Zebra or Tiger Nerite too!

Sounds cool! Could I keep it lidless or would I have to make a DIY lid? Could I do Crystal Reds instead? What other types of snails could I keep? And what are the advantages/disadvantages of them? I don't want eggs or baby snails :confused:

Nerite snails do not breed in freshwater. I am not knowledgable on shrimp.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

If you can get a single young ramshorn then they can be cool. Leopard spots or the pinkies.

Young and single = no new baby snails.

If you can get a single young ramshorn then they can be cool. Leopard spots or the pinkies.

Young and single = no new baby snails.

If I were to get snails I would probably keep them here temporarily and put them in my larger tanks for cleaning. Would that work? That way I have the shrimp as the main attraction so the tank won't be sad looking when the snails are on their 'trips'.

That would work just make sure to acclimate the snail when moving. They can get stressed just like fish.

That would work just make sure to acclimate the snail when moving. They can get stressed just like fish.

Of course :) BTW, how do you know if a snail is dead? And also, will angelfish and angelfish fry be fine with snails?

A dead snail stinks to high heaven. I have never kept angels so I cannot answer that. They need really big tanks.

Angels are usually fine with snails, but the snails will eat eggs

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

[QUOwTE=Fishobsessed7;3374986]Angels are usually fine with snails, but the snails will eat eggs

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice[/QUOTE]

Fine with me. I don't want more fry (no space)

Back
Top Bottom