What Could I Stock in a 90g?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gboy66 said:
Haha, well i have never heard of that happening, so i dont think there is much of a risk:)

Actually I saw something on here about tiger barbs dying after eating ghost shrimp straight from the store that hadn't been gut loaded

Given that it was something that happened in a single thread and there's not a multitude of reports, I would say it was more of a one-off when you consider how many people use ghost shrimp as feeders.

The purpose of gut loading is to get some known nutrition into the feeders, when you don't gut load them you have no idea what kind of nutritious value they have.

jetajockey said:
Given that it was something that happened in a single thread and there's not a multitude of reports, I would say it was more of a one-off when you consider how many people use ghost shrimp as feeders.

The purpose of gut loading is to get some known nutrition into the feeders, when you don't gut load them you have no idea what kind of nutritious value they have.

True! I'm being overprotective I guess

Well one of my favorite fish is the eclipse catfish but the bad thing is it must be kept with fish similiar in size

vanimal said:
Well one of my favorite fish is the eclipse catfish but the bad thing is it must be kept with fish similiar in size

I also like he eclipse but I don't want to change my stock for it

Yeah I have one and he is my favorite fish! But you shouldn't change your stock to get one

Does anyone else have any opinions?
I really want to be sure with my stock
Also just so everyone knows I am setting up my thread on starting up the tank now
It should be under the title "90 gallon Build"

Okay I'm now looking at a 150 off craigslist for 250 that comes with everything-
Tank
Stand
Decor
Substrate
Some angelfish and a few bottom feeders(not sure that I'd keep them all unless the bottom feeders are cories, khuli loaches, or small plecos and I'd only keep maybe one or two angels)
An ehiem canister!!!!!!One of the biggest models that ranges in the $200s
Heater
Very very nice lights
Air pump I think
Siphon
A ton of other stuff too
It's pretty tall but 58" long and about two feet tall and wide
Is this a good deal? I think it is and I am definitely thinking about getting it
I just contacted the poster
So I'd like to start a new stock list since I won't be setting up the 90 if I get this tank, or at least not for the time being

Stocklist
Centerpiece-
2- German Blue Ram
2- German Gold Ram
2- Electric Blue Ram
1-Angelfish
Livebearer-
20- Guppy, 1:2
1- Gold Dust Molly
1- Creamsicle Lyretail Molly
1- Platinum Lyretail Molly
1- Hi Fin Blood Red Swordtail
Schooling-
6- Cardinal Tetra
10- Penguin Tetra
6- Von Rio Flame Tetra
10- Cherry Barb
6- Zebra Danio
6- Long Fin Red Minor Tetra
6- Silvertip Tetra
6- Harlequin Rasbora
10- Tiger Barb(I don’t have my heart set on them I just wanted to see if they could be incorporated)
Anabatoids-
1-Dwarf Gourami
1-Male Betta
Bottom Dweller-
10- Peppered Cory
10- Khuli Loach
10- Otocinlus
1- Longfin Regular Bristlenose Pleco
1-Longfin Albino Bristlnose Pleco
2-Siamese Algae Eater
1-Peacock Eel(This is all your fault Nu-Nu and Gboy! J)
Invertebrates-
3-Zebra Nerite Snail
I’ve been known to impulse buy(A molly, 9 guppies, and 3 peppered cories in a 10 gal, anyone?) so I left a little room. Am I overstocked? Is there anything I should remove?

emerald76 said:
Stocklist
Centerpiece-
2- German Blue Ram
2- German Gold Ram
2- Electric Blue Ram
1-Angelfish
Livebearer-
20- Guppy, 1:2
1- Gold Dust Molly
1- Creamsicle Lyretail Molly
1- Platinum Lyretail Molly
1- Hi Fin Blood Red Swordtail
Schooling-
6- Cardinal Tetra
10- Penguin Tetra
6- Von Rio Flame Tetra
10- Cherry Barb
6- Zebra Danio
6- Long Fin Red Minor Tetra
6- Silvertip Tetra
6- Harlequin Rasbora
10- Tiger Barb(I don’t have my heart set on them I just wanted to see if they could be incorporated)
Anabatoids-
1-Dwarf Gourami
1-Male Betta
Bottom Dweller-
10- Peppered Cory
10- Khuli Loach
10- Otocinlus
1- Longfin Regular Bristlenose Pleco
1-Longfin Albino Bristlnose Pleco
2-Siamese Algae Eater
1-Peacock Eel(This is all your fault Nu-Nu and Gboy! J)
Invertebrates-
3-Zebra Nerite Snail
I’ve been known to impulse buy(A molly, 9 guppies, and 3 peppered cories in a 10 gal, anyone?) so I left a little room. Am I overstocked? Is there anything I should remove?

Hahah i love the last part!! Hahah;) hopefully he doesnt get lost in the 90

Gboy66 said:
Hahah i love the last part!! Hahah;) hopefully he doesnt get lost in the 90

Not the 90 a 150 I'm looking at buying! (Gboy, your wish has come true- it comes with an EHEIM canister)

Alright I'm making a new thread for stocking this tank as I'm not getting many responses
It will be under What should I stock in a 150 gallon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom