What do you feed your betta?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oscarr19

Aquarium Advice Addict
I feed mine Nutrafin Max Betta Color Enhancing Flakes and every once in a while some frozen blood worms.

omega one floating betta pellets and small insects(praying mantises and grasshopers)

I figure since I haven't gotten frozen bloodworms yet and when I add shrimp to his tank if he eats them it'll be his balanced diet lol. If not then I'll be happy. I love watching shrimp.

I do Hikari Betta Bio-Gold. I have noticed that my male who gets fin rot easily gets his fins back much quicker and the color comes back better, than when I was feeding him just crappy betta pellets. Whenever I get through this bag though, I want to switch over to New Life Spectrum.

I use Wardley Betta Food (pellets) Except I am thinking about getting a different kind because I dont think my betta likes it.

TheCrazyFishLady said:
Flakes get mine grumpy and constipated from flakes. Do you not have that issue?

If you were talking to me...I have never tried giving my betta flakes. Which do you prefer? Flakes, or pellets?

I meant to Bruinsbro.

I prefer pellets. The Hikari stuff is pretty good, but I'm wanting to get NLS. I mean, it just has better ingredients. Not to sound like a hippy or anything... but, I would rather feed more natural things to my fish. I have my flowerhorn on the cichlasoma type and the stuff even smells better.

You should switch out of that Wardley stuff, by the way. I used to use it and saw no benefit from it. My bettas didn't really even like it. That's why I starting looking at ingredients. The better the stuff, the more they want to eat the food. That's at least my experiance.

And I do a treat of frozen blood worms about every other week.

TheCrazyFishLady said:
I meant to Bruinsbro.

I prefer pellets. The Hikari stuff is pretty good, but I'm wanting to get NLS. I mean, it just has better ingredients. Not to sound like a hippy or anything... but, I would rather feed more natural things to my fish. I have my flowerhorn on the cichlasoma type and the stuff even smells better.

You should switch out of that Wardley stuff, by the way. I used to use it and saw no benefit from it. My bettas didn't really even like it. That's why I starting looking at ingredients. The better the stuff, the more they want to eat the food. That's at least my experiance.

And I do a treat of frozen blood worms about every other week.

Oh, thanks for the advice. Ill get my betta some new food when I get a chance. And sorry, I didn't know you were talking to bruinsbro!

Back
Top Bottom