What else can I put in my SA tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
aqua_chem said:
He seemed open to schools that are more bottom oriented, so I just pitched that. :)

I'm really just looking for something to fill my tank more. I would like a fish on the bigger side of things, I have a lot of small fish right now. What stands out is the big school of tetras, so I would ideally like something that would stand out from them. That's why I'm thinking 1 maybe 2 fish.

Imo, rams are getting a bad rap. Some are more aggressive than others, but they generally arent that bad. You can stock females to cut down on aggression if need be. Bolivian rams are generally much more mild. There are many other dwarf cichlids that are pretty mild.

Maybe keyholes?

Imo, rams are getting a bad rap. Some are more aggressive than others, but they generally arent that bad. You can stock females to cut down on aggression if need be. Bolivian rams are generally much more mild. There are many other dwarf cichlids that are pretty mild.

Maybe keyholes?

Well, I started researching Apistos, but one of my rams seems to be aggressive towards the other 3, and I dont know how it would go if I added 2 more dwarf cichlids. It might get crazy, especially because apistos are more known for lip locking over territories. Ideally I would love to put two more dwarf cichlids in there, that would really finish my tank, but I dont know how its going to pan out. Thats why I was posting here, seeing if I can get any suggestions on any other fish that would fit in a SA species tank.

Maybe keyholes?
Up to the op, but personally, I wouldn't put a keyhole in a 40b that already has 2 pairs of rams since one is showing aggresive tendencies. I agree that rams are usually not very aggressive at all, but the op said one of his is being aggressive. I would let the rams figure out their differences before putting another cichlid down there. But, thats just my opinion. I would figure out if that one ram is aggressive, or just getting a feel for his territory.

Up to the op, but personally, I wouldn't put a keyhole in a 40b that already has 2 pairs of rams since one is showing aggresive tendencies. I agree that rams are usually not very aggressive at all, but the op said one of his is being aggressive. I would let the rams figure out their differences before putting another cichlid down there. But, thats just my opinion. I would figure out if that one ram is aggressive, or just getting a feel for his territory.

Yeah, I am going to wait, I dont plan on putting anything else in the tank for at least 2 weeks. I was just wondering what other options I have.

Back
Top Bottom