What fish can I put in this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

danny835

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello! My first post here! :D

I recently have gotten a 35 gallon tank! It's all set up, cycled and ready to go! I just need to add the fish!

I'm very interested in getting carnivorous fish. I was told I could probably get away with 2 red belly piranhas in my tank, but no more. Iv read it's not a good idea to just have 2 of those together though.

I also was really interested in an Oscar, but Iv been told my tank size is just too small for even one.

What are some interesting carnivorous fish that I can put in my tank?

any info much appreciated! :D

Piranhas like to be in shools of atleast 7 if you like canavoires why not go for a oddball tank like knife fish,elephant nose,bichir

Sent from my HTC One using Aquarium Advice mobile app

No way on any of those fish. Piranhas get large as well as oscars, knife fish, elephant nose or bichir. I'd get a larger tank if you really want predatory fish

Such a shame :( I can't upgrade my tank size until I move out to my own place. I guess it'll have to remain a dream of mine to own any interesting predatory fish. I'll have to make do with my 35 gallon it seems :(

Well technically all or most fish are carnivorous. I mean you could get loaches they will eat snails or fish that look predatory like sharks be careful some get over a foot long. You might be able to get away with a freshwater puffer too. I own 2 tanks 1 65 gal and 1 29 gal.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1399681114.939095.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1399681160.570892.jpg
I hope this helped :)

There are needle fish but those guys (from what I know) need a lot of salt in there tank.

Thank you to all the replies! Looks like I'll just have to avoid any predatory fish until I can upgrade!

You might be able to do angel fish, sword tails, and cories. I've read about that combo suggested for a beginners 30 gallon once it is cycled. The sword tails have live fry that the angel fish eat. I think it's 2 angel fish, 5 cories, and the rest swordtails (check aqua advisor).

Angels get pretty huge. If they live long enough, you'll eventually have to increase your tank size. I'm considering getting two for a 24" high 65g tank.

You could house a single Oscar (certain types) for several years, but even those too get pretty large. I've seen folks house one in a 20g for a few years. Like owning a pet, eventually you'll be too attached and will get a larger tank for em. ;)

Sent from my SM-T310 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom