What schooling fish to get

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yes, get Cochu's blue tetras! they are so gorgeous, severum mama and HN1's are more gorgeous than i have seen in my LFS, i wish i could afford to buy some through them :( but yeah, if you can do it i would go for the Cochu's. cardinal tetras are also great if you want color, i love ours. people say they are hard to keep but i completely disagree. we bought 11 and every one of them are still alive and very healthy for almost a month now. and they are our very first fish! i love the von rio's as well, i think we may end up with some (if we can find them) in our hex tank, they add so much color. i also vote for celestial pearl danios, they are so cool looking. we actually may end up with some in with our cardinals... hehe...

severum mama and hn1 have von rios ready to go right now. i think they got the cpds in too... I am leaning back towards cardinals again but I fell in love with gamer's killifish

i wish i could afford to buy fish from them. they have some great ones. i like buying my fish from the LFS about 45 min away because 1) i get to pick out my fish and 2) every wednesday is 2 for 1 fish day (on fish under $5). i paid ~$23 for 10 cardinals, which were priced at 4.99 a piece. plus, they miscounted and i got 11 :D

oh, and they have a program, where once i spend $200 i get $10 bucks off my next purchase, and they have monthly coupons of like $5 off $25, etc. and if you join their facebook page, they will put a secret "word" for their status, and if you say that word at the register you get 20% off one item. all in all, it adds up. i get a lot of our ferret supplies there, too.

i wish i could afford to buy fish from them. they have some great ones. i like buying my fish from the LFS about 45 min away because 1) i get to pick out my fish and 2) every wednesday is 2 for 1 fish day (on fish under $5). i paid ~$23 for 10 cardinals, which were priced at 4.99 a piece. plus, they miscounted and i got 11 :D

oh, and they have a program, where once i spend $200 i get $10 bucks off my next purchase, and they have monthly coupons of like $5 off $25, etc. and if you join their facebook page, they will put a secret "word" for their status, and if you say that word at the register you get 20% off one item. all in all, it adds up. i get a lot of our ferret supplies there, too.

Petsmart has this thing going on, 5$ of 5$ purchase, so I'm slowly bringing up my cardinal count... I'm at 8 now. Basically I'll go in there every day and buy a cardinal + an oto or something, and pay 1$ :D I wish I had more pet stores around ><

yes, i love my LFS. it's not really all that local for me, like i said, it's like a 45 minute drive. but i used to live right down the street from them so that's why they are still my LFS. the one that is in my town now is OK, but they don't really have all that big of a selection. they don't carry a lot of the products i use. but sometimes they have a butt load of used tanks/hoods/lights/etc out front to buy. it's pretty cool. and last time i went they had a Degu! OMG it was so freakin cute, i had never even heard of one before. seriously, google it, it's ADORABLE

Petsmart has this thing going on, 5$ of 5$ purchase, so I'm slowly bringing up my cardinal count... I'm at 8 now. Basically I'll go in there every day and buy a cardinal + an oto or something, and pay 1$ :D I wish I had more pet stores around ><
When did this thing start? I just went and got those otos 2 days ago and I went to Petsmart

Back
Top Bottom