which is the most hardy angelfish species from experience??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bubble_B0y

Aquarium Advice Addict
there are many types of angels - altum, zebra, marble, albino, red chick, black etc...

I've kept many different types of angels. But I've noticed that altum and zebra angels are very sensitive!!!

I've also noticed that smaller angels are less tough compared to the adults.

from experience marble angels seem to be the most toughest of all the angel species.

i've also noticed that angelfish (before they die) develop a swimbladder problem?
Alot of the angels that I have owned (just before they died) were hanging at the surface (for long periods) gasping for air.

anyone experience this?

i think you may be a slight bit misinformed. most of the mentioned angel fish are all forms of Pterophyllum scalare. that is the most common angel fish in the aquarium trade. Gold angels, marbled, zebra ect are all forms of this species.
and they are the most hardy of the angels, or at least easiest to keep.

some more rare and difficult to care for angel species
p. Altum-sometimes called deep angelfish
p. dumarelli->sp?
P. leopoldi

the above list of more difficult angel fish is still under scrutiny. some people think there may be more, some think less.

on your last question, I have seen mny of my angels at the surface apparently gasping, but I attribute it to them skimming the surface for protien ect. as non of the other fish in the tanks do it and the angels are fine, just hungry little buggers.

Back
Top Bottom