Who owns a Fluval Chi?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Irish.OG87

Aquarium Advice Freak
How big is your Chi? 5.5g or 6.6g?

What have you got in your tank? plants, fish, invert?

Why did you buy your Chi?

Pictures are always wlecome.

Mine is a 5.5g. It has a betta halfmoon with an anubias nana in it.
I bought it for the missus tryin to get her into fishkeeping...succesffully she is still interested yay!!
I will be adding dw and more plants with some nano fish too hopefully.
Pics are incoming...

I have the 5.5g in my kitchen(notice the lack of pink orchids) that houses my wifes betta, Torpedo Beach sand with the ugly grass thing in the middle. I don't keep plants since I hate turning on the light, just something about wet fingers and electricity. But I do love the sound it produces...very relaxing.

Attachments

• image-943481018.jpg
    image-943481018.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 173
I've also got the 5.5 with a single Betta. It has the pink flower (that I'm blaming on the missus). Unfortunately, HUKIT's wife caught a glimpse...and he'll soon have a matching one. Sorry buddy :)

Attachments

• Betta Tank 008.jpg
    Betta Tank 008.jpg
    217.9 KB · Views: 646
I got the 6.6 it has a snail and a crowntail I also have a moss ball now I will take a new picture I love the little remote that comes with it no wet fingers and electricity for me lol and it has a docking station for the remote if you like it better that way also I am working on a driftwood tree with a java moss top so when I finish that I will take another pic cause some people are excited to see it lol Eco

ryan-peddle said:
I got the 6.6 it has a snail and a crowntail I also have a moss ball now I will take a new picture I love the little remote that comes with it no wet fingers and electricity for me lol and it has a docking station for the remote if you like it better that way also I am working on a driftwood tree with a java moss top so when I finish that I will take another pic cause some people are excited to see it lol Eco

The 6.6 has a remote?!?!

If you pull that plant off, you'll have the Chi of the year. You should post a pic of it. (the image you posted before)

The only thing that makes me question my Chi purchase is that new Fluval Edge 2 which is about to come out. That thing looks sweet.

That tree will be beautiful (2x future POTM champ?). I think I said this somewhere before, but good thing it's moss cause the light is borderline useless.

My Betta is gonna start a revolution because he's been trying to build a bubble nest for the last 2 weeks and the slight current keeps dispersing it.

I'd look into sponge filters (never used one...low current, right?, but I think that'd ruin the aesthetics of the waterfall effect.

Very limited to moss with these tanks lol I hope I can get another potm badge I was really proud of my Betta Finley for winning for me I love the waterfall effect of this tank but I don't care for the top planter you can't see the top light or hear the waterfall but my wife got one of those Lilly pads and she wants to put it there so thanks Eco lol but maybe she will like the moss tree better and toss the Lilly lol

Very limited to moss with these tanks lol I hope I can get another potm badge I was really proud of my Betta Finley for winning for me I love the waterfall effect of this tank but I don't care for the top planter you can't see the top light or hear the waterfall but my wife got one of those Lilly pads and she wants to put it there so thanks Eco lol but maybe she will like the moss tree better and toss the Lilly lol

The virus is spreading!!! Lol! I should probably take that pic out of my profile, because every time you guys show it to your wives they want one and I catch the heat for it. That's 2 of you now. Jeta keep your wife away from the PC or you might be the third, haha!

what type of fish and plants can you keep in a chi? im interested in getting one looks fun

I just got a 5.5 gallon one before I left on vacation. I set it up and seeded it to start the cycle before I left. I can't wait to get back and see it! I love the little fountain at the top. The filter isn't very strong but I don't need a strong one for my quarantine tank anyway. I put some bamboo at the top. It is very high quality. I think it is more worth it to get the larger 6.6 gallon size though because it has a remote to turn on the light and it is bigger. I will post some pictures when I get back on Thursday.

Back
Top Bottom