Who uses seachem safe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brookster123

Aquarium Advice Addict
Can I simply mix it in a prime bottle with distilled water and pretend like it's just prime?! Will it expire sooner that way??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I would reach out to seachem and ask. They typically respond to questions fairly quickly.

Intuitively, it seems like if this worked than it would also stay active in the aquarium for longer than 24 hours. But that is a total guess on my part.

I would reach out to seachem and ask. They typically respond to questions fairly quickly.

Intuitively, it seems like if this worked than it would also stay active in the aquarium for longer than 24 hours. But that is a total guess on my part.

Good call! I'll email seachem, post back with the response.

Here we have it...
Hello Alex,*

Thank you for your email. Safe is a concentrated dry product that does have similar properties of Prime, but does not have the same composition. It is not designed to be premixed with water to form an aqueous solution for dosing at a later time as the properties of this product will not work in the same way if pre-mixed. Instead, it is meant to be used at the time of a water change, or to be added directly to the system. If you need a less concentrated dechlorinating agent for smaller systems, Prime would be better as it is a stable liquid conditioner.*

I hope this helps. Have a nice day!

Product Support 102086

You have been contacted by alex brooks with regards to safe mixed prior to use, their additional message is as follows.

"Would it be ok to mix up a batch of safe and distilled water in a prime bottle and dose as usual? Will it expire sooner being mixed this

I honestly don't trust seachem on this email. They give directions on their products in order to increase profits.

I would need someone more knowledgeable about chemistry than I am to chime in.

My club members with large tanks use Safe. They dose it as a dry product.

It's a money saver for Ponds or big tanks.

I use Prime since all my tanks are small and it's easier for me to know it's 1 drop per Gallon in my jugs of tap water.

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My club members with large tanks use Safe. They dose it as a dry product.

It's a money saver for Ponds or big tanks.

I use Prime since all my tanks are small and it's easier for me to know it's 1 drop per Gallon in my jugs of tap water.

It was an impulse buy... amazon style... i really don't need it, my largest tank is 30 gal. I bought based on the idea of premixing.. like koolaid!! Throw it in the fridge.. not so much...

It was an impulse buy... amazon style... i really don't need it, my largest tank is 30 gal. I bought based on the idea of premixing.. like koolaid!! Throw it in the fridge.. not so much...

You can still use it. Just adjust the amount for 15g or however much water you are adding.

I'd just dump the amount needed in my 20 gal. Water barrel. It should last me about 20 years haha

Back
Top Bottom