who's your daddy!?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

So who's the daddy?

• Chocolate gouramis

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Honey Flame gouramis

• Rosy Barbs

• Rummy nose tetras

• Blood fin tetras

• 3 Lined Pencil fish

• GBRs

• Praecox rainbows

• Kuhli loaches

• Pygmy cories

• BN plecos

• Total voters
ya it looks like a guppy to me too guys..........but I am 99.99999% sure its not a guppy.

The last time I had female guppies in that tank was months ago.

The chance it is a guppy hangs on the fact that I have in the past few weeks transfered some plants from a guppy tank to this tank so it is possible but not probable that there was a hitcher.

I suppose only time will tell.
I'll keep ya's posted.........I'm tryin to get another pic but he/she is not cooperating.

It looks a LOT like a livebearer fry to me.....my platy fry looked exactly like that. My GBR fry looked nothing like that. Guppy seems possible.

I'm gonna go with rosy barb. Only because nobody picked that one yet. But it looks like a guppy to me based on the lack of color and tail fin.

I got a couple more shots tonight:

That's a pencil fish under the fry.
fry1.jpg

This is the best one yet:
fry2.jpg

I'm throwing in a rummynose vote. I'm looking forward to seeing what it grows up to be.

Tangentially, something weird like this happened to me a few weeks ago. Bought three platys, from a platy tank, and I had a mystery fry after I added them to my tank at home. Platy fry, obv, right? Not so much.

As the little fish grew up, it started looking like a danio. And now, two months later, it's clearly a rainbow of some sort -- two dorsal fins. I don't have room to get him any friends, so once he's large enough for me to figure out a species, he's going back to the LFS.

Back
Top Bottom