Will this work

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JDogg

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well my wife an I just bought a house, we close on wednesday.
She has oked a new 90 gal tank!!! :lol:

it will be lightly planted with the following plants
-Spatterdock: Nuphar variegatum
-Hornwort: Ceratophyllum demersum
-Aponogeton undulatus
-Fanwort: Cabomba aquatica
-Jungle Val: Vallisneria americana
-Oriental Sword Echinodorus macrophyllus
-Amazon Sword: Echinodorus amazonicus
-Anacharis: Egeria densa

and the following Fish will be moved from my 28 gal

-2 Angles: Pterophyllum scalare
-2 Three-Line Cory: Corydoras trilineatus
-2 Rubbernose Pleco:Chaetostomus milesi
-1 Bolivian Ram: Microgeophagus ramirezi
-6 Rummy-nosed Tetra: Hemigrammus rhodostomus
-3 Otos: Otocinclus macrospilus

I will also be adding a few more cory (2-4) another Bolivian Ram and perhaps a pair of GBR

So after all of that my Question.....
-my Angels MAY be a pair they will not breed, but act like they want too. I have come to the conclusion that they are remaining absonant until marriage, does anyone know a good fish justice of the peace or prest??

anyways if they are indeed a pair can i risk anymore angels in the new bigger tank? or will there not be enough room for two pair to have their own territories?

Congrats on the new tank and the new home!!!! A 90 is a good size tank. You may be able to get away adding 2 more angels. I would buy them at a fairly large size so they have a fighting chance. You may want to add the new ones first and then add the older pair a few weeks later.

Good luck with the moving and with the closing.

Yes, I'd add the new angels first, then the old ones. I recently added 2 angels to my 55g that already had 1. I first added one of about the same size. Well he obviously got beat up and that combined with the stress from the acclimation, killed him. Later I added 2 slightly smaller angels and my big one is as sweet as she could be. Maybe because there are two? Weird. I just thought I'd let you know how it worked for me. Having a pair and adding more, will be a little more risky though. Add atleast 2 and try to get them about the same size.

I would up the cory school to 8...you have room and these guys are alot more fun in bigger numbers. You could also add to your rummy school...maybe add 4 more? I love rummies in big school. Sadly, I only have 4 in my 55g...can't find anymore healthy ones.

Any thoughts on another school? You have room for another school of 8-10 tetras.

JustOneMore20 said:
Yes, I'd add the new angels first, then the old ones. I recently added 2 angels to my 55g that already had 1. I first added one of about the same size. Well he obviously got beat up and that combined with the stress from the acclimation, killed him. Later I added 2 slightly smaller angels and my big one is as sweet as she could be. Maybe because there are two? Weird. I just thought I'd let you know how it worked for me. Having a pair and adding more, will be a little more risky though. Add atleast 2 and try to get them about the same size.

I would up the cory school to 8...you have room and these guys are alot more fun in bigger numbers. You could also add to your rummy school...maybe add 4 more? I love rummies in big school. Sadly, I only have 4 in my 55g...can't find anymore healthy ones.

Any thoughts on another school? You have room for another school of 8-10 tetras.
around here i only find angels about the size of a quarter :cry: it might be hard to find some that are as large as my pair (around 6-7 inches tip to tip of top and bottom fin

Good call on adding more Bolivians and GBR's. Maybe someday you'll be a proud owner of some parents!

Burks said:
Good call on adding more Bolivians and GBR's. Maybe someday you'll be a proud owner of some parents!
lol i am already the "proud" 8O owner of too may convicts... :D

If this were my tank, I would stick with only one pair of angels, add to the dwarf cichlid, rummy-nosed tetra, and cory populations, stay away from neon tetras (the angels will snack on them). Then take lots of pics of the new tank, the new home and share them with us :D

WoW... A new house and a new 90g....life is good.....I also would increase the school size if that tank were mine. Even 12 rummy's in a 90g won't look like a school. If it were me I"d go to 20.

Congrats on both

I would stick with only one pair of angels, add to the dwarf cichlid, rummy-nosed tetra, and cory populations
Since you can only find smaller angels, I'd go with Menagerie's advice...keep only your pair.

Back
Top Bottom