Wounded Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lifeoffroad

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So my rainbow was unfortunitly in an continuous battle with my Golden Wonder Killie and got wounded pretty bad. This was about a year ago. The rainbow to this day still has the mark. I assumed it was just a scar but sometimes it gets red and then goes away. I'm assuming someone else is biting him in that spot but I never see it. Its a pretty mellow tank now since the GWK is gone.

Anyone have any opinions as to why this mark never went away or healed? Like I said its been a year and he is totally healthy.

Its a shame cause he's a beautiful fish.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120629_135109.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120629_135109.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 75
  • ForumRunner_20120629_135123.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120629_135123.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 77
Not sure from one photo, thats not real clear. Look into Mycobacterosis, and see if the symptoms match your fish's wounds. Bows are very prone to this.

foster53 said:
Not sure from one photo, thats not real clear. Look into Mycobacterosis, and see if the symptoms match your fish's wounds. Bows are very prone to this.

Its the big chunk right behind the side fin towards the belly. Looks kinda pink in the photo. Up close it looks like scar tissue.

foster53 said:

I don't think its this. Like I said it came from fighting and the fish does not exhibit any of these signs:

Affected fish can be anorexic, emaciated, listless and often lethargic; they may separate from other fish and seek out a corner of the tank to die. Lumps, skin lesions, ulcerations or haemorrhages can occur following rupture of an internal muscle. But these are less common.

Back
Top Bottom