wtf? dye leaking out of fish?? and home ich remedy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

andyslinky

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Green painted glass fish has a green lookin pimple like bump on its head. Behind the eye and up a lil. Its the exact color of its dye. Could it really be leaking?? And behind in between its body and side fin on its right side is a white spot. It resides in the joint of the fin.possibly ich? Any home remedies to get rid of ich w out purchasing any fizz tabs or other med products? Or should i go ahead and "put it to sleep" since it is a dyed fish. I only have one of em and he just got an ammonia burn on its dorsal. I dont want it to suffer any more if it is sick. Hope someone can relate lol

I wouldn't put a fish to sleep unless absolutely necessary. I've never heard of the dye leaking from a fish but it might be a possibility that his immune system is rejecting it. Finally, are you sure that he has ich? If he does then you can treat it by turning the temperature of your tank up to 86 degrees Fahrenheit and leaving it there for a week. Just make sure that it is in fact ich. Pictures would probably help a lot in this case.

We do need some more information though.

What is your:
Ammonia
Nitrite
Nitrate
Maintenance Schedule
Age of tank

Giving this information can greatly help us steer you in the correct direction concerning keeping your fish healthy

Back
Top Bottom