Yes, im getting a 29 gallon!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Goldfish loach boy

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok, I'm finally getting my personal 29 gallon for my room!
This is my current stock, sound good?
5 neon tetras
5 harlequin rasboras
2 german blue rams
One angelfish
4 black kuhli loaches
3 peppered corry's
4 longfin red minor tetras
2 otocinclus
Sound good?

Presuming you're going to add them over a period of 12 weeks or so, sounds good! The only fish I have reservations about is the angel. Whether it will have enough room, and whether it will get nippy. Just remember to add your ottos last!

Also- why black kuhlis and not the striped? I rarely see my blacks- even when they are not hiding I just don't notice them because they're dull. My striped kuhlis on the other hand, have become more richly coloured as they grow- the orange is such a vibrant colour, I have no trouble spotting them in my 6ft tank.

The angel may snack on your neons when he gets bigger. Red minor tetras are supposed to be fin nippers, so they may try to snack on the angel's dangley fins.

Just things I learned when researching what I could house with my angels :)

Presuming you're going to add them over a period of 12 weeks or so, sounds good! The only fish I have reservations about is the angel. Whether it will have enough room, and whether it will get nippy. Just remember to add your ottos last!

Yea, ok, no angel
Yes, I'm going to wait 4 months to add the otos

Also- why black kuhlis and not the striped? I rarely see my blacks- even when they are not hiding I just don't notice them because they're dull. My striped kuhlis on the other hand, have become more richly coloured as they grow- the orange is such a vibrant colour, I have no trouble spotting them in my 6ft tank.

I would get striped kuhlis, bit my petsmart only has black

The angel may snack on your neons when he gets bigger. Red minor tetras are supposed to be fin nippers, so they may try to snack on the angel's dangley fins.

Just things I learned when researching what I could house with my angels :)

Ok, no angel, no long fins

What fish could be replaced as my centerpiece instead of the angel
Also, what can I replace for the red minors, ghost catfish?

Those German rams seem like a beautiful centerpiece

True, ok those are my centerpiece, what about the longfins, are ghost catfish good substitutions?

Check out red eyed balloon tetras, I have 4 in my 29 gal and love them, voracious eaters which is good

You could replace the angel with a festivum. They are smaller, and have tighter fins, but act very much the same. They are a very attractive fish. I would cut down on the amounts of fish and up the schools, something like 8 neons, 5 cory cats and 6 red mirrors, and drop the harlequins and loaches. Soooooo....
Festivum as the centerpiece
Rams as the co-centerpieces
8 neons
6 red mirror
5 cory cats
5 ottos

You could replace the angel with a festivum. They are smaller, and have tighter fins, but act very much the same. They are a very attractive fish. I would cut down on the amounts of fish and up the schools, something like 8 neons, 5 cory cats and 6 red mirrors, and drop the harlequins and loaches. Soooooo....
Festivum as the centerpiece
Rams as the co-centerpieces
8 neons
6 red mirror
5 cory cats
5 ottos

I agree. In my 30 gallon I have 5 rosy barbs and 2 German blue rams and it already looks hectic.

Ok, I can put 8 eons, this is my list so far
8 neon tetras
2 German blue rams
? Centerpiece( I need it available at petsmart)
? Top level swimmers( how about silver hatchetfish?)
3 Cory catfish
4 black kuhlis
Any suggestions for centerpiece and top levels, will hatchetfish work?

Back
Top Bottom