Wanted: Looking for a 3-5G tank in Southbridge, MA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

daileene

Planted Tank Addict
Hi all!

I am looking for a 3-5G tank. I live in Southbridge, MA, so I don't know if someone in here is from the same area or near. I already checked Craigslist but I cannot find any there.

Please let me know.

Thanks. :)

How much are you looking to spend? I have a 4 gallon acrylic flatback hex tank on hand. Also includes a UG filter, heater, air pump, full hood and light. Fixture needs a bulb, a CF would work great. Shipping would likely be less than $20, would need your zip code for an actual quote.

Hello, thank you for the reply.

That is a cool set. How much low can you go? I don't have much money. I am a single mom of 3. My zip code is 01550.

I'll see if I can find a suitable box for shipping at work tonight and figure it from there after I get the actual weight.

Ran in to an issue, when I checked the light fixture it didn't work. I took it apart and found the problem, the socket and switch are corroded beyond redemption. It shouldn't be too difficult to pick up a new piece at the hardware store, if they don't have one I can get a new one online. The thing is, the light fixture is specifically designed to fit the tank top, so for the sake of appearance it would be best to replace the bad socket/switch because a different light fixture wouldn't fit properly.
Assuming I can get a new piece (then remember how to put it back together ;)) and get it working properly the total with Priority Mail shipping would be $43.

Hello,

I am sorry for the late reply. I will tell my partner about this and I will get back to you. I am very interested.

Thanks.

Hello Todd. I decided to take it if you could please replace the socket/switch part. How do we do the payment method? Would you want me to send you a check? Will you be able to give me a tracking number so I will be able to know when to expect it?

Thank you in advance.

If you don't have a paypal account a money order would be good, PM for my e-mail or mailing address. I always put delivery confirmation on packages, though those aren't always useful for tracking IME.

I'll let you know as soon as I find a replacement for the socket. I picked one up at Lowe's earlier today, but it was made a little differently than the original and didn't fit as well. If necessary I could use it, but really hope to find one the same as the old piece. I'll check the local hardware store tomorrow, then look around online if they don't have anything.

BTW, you'll need to change your forum settings to receive PM's.

Thank you so much for doing all these things for me. I just changed the setting for my PMs. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom