Cherry shrimp keeping dropping eggs...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah I understand I need to buy a test kit currently I cannot buy one

No I mean that she was already saddled when I took a picture and then after she had moulted she become berried I took the second picture

It then dropped the eggs after around 24 hours

I do water changes every week and I feed them granule food or flake food and sometimes algae wafers

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Remember to feed lightly. I was told to think of feeding them the quantity the size of their eyes morning and evening (could add lunch I suppose based on that idea). Tiny amounts really. More than anything you just need to be sure that you have good stable water parameters.

Can you go to a lfs and have them test the water? Usually they will do it for free.

And tell them you need to see the test outcome numbers and write them down and then post them here.

It might also help to keep a little notebook /calender book to keep track of what the numbers are and what you did to fix the problem if needed.

Ammonia 0-.25
NitrIte 0
NitrAte up to 30 these are safe levels for fish.

They may also have a test number for GH and pH and anything else they test just write it down.

It the levels are higher that could be a big problem. But being able to change the water to cleaner fresher water can help.

Yeah I generally do feed lightly. I only feed them one or 2 granule for everyone and some times I just don't feed them for 2 to 3 days

My tank has been running for more than a year now

I think if they drop their eggs again I might try to hatch them myself :s

What size are the granules? I use the hikari crab cuisine sticks. I have about 50 rcs and they get about 4-5 of the little sticks to share every 2-3 days. My yellow shrimp I have about 100 so they get around 6-7 every few days. My two different blue shrimp tanks have 25 in one and 10 in the other. They only get 2 and 1 stick respectively.

It doesn't seem like it but 1-2 per shrimp still might be severely over feeding

What size are the granules? I use the hikari crab cuisine sticks. I have about 50 rcs and they get about 4-5 of the little sticks to share every 2-3 days. My yellow shrimp I have about 100 so they get around 6-7 every few days. My two different blue shrimp tanks have 25 in one and 10 in the other. They only get 2 and 1 stick respectively.

It doesn't seem like it but 1-2 per shrimp still might be severely over feeding

I don't know the size but they are pretty small which they can feed on.

Oh ok I have around 12 or 13 shrimps and I feed them 1 or 2 granules every 2 or 3 days if not longer

Back
Top Bottom