Need help my crayfish has parasites ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MineShaker

Aquarium Advice Activist
I got a crayfish from my local pet store and it has small worms attached to it they really creep me out how do I get rid of them please help ?

Sent from the crayfish lover Mine Shaker

PraziPro is a good medication for treatment of parasites. Keep his water as clean as possible.

Caleb

Yes that's it thanks

Sent from the crayfish lover Mine Shaker

Are they teeny tiny ones around his face ??? Look up Branchiobdellida aka annelid, there are different kinds of parasites, these are very small and around the joints frequently. White. Are these sounding like what you have?

This was interesting when trying to make sure I could spell this correctly found this.
https://parasiteecology.wordpress.com/tag/branchiobdellida/

tumblr_lb49owwAMy1qcy1poo1_400.gif

god, would a salt bath kill them?

I saw some who used a baby's toothbrush or hairbrush to clean off some in a little pan of water. They also said some dips in SW. I would not personally dip them. Not that it isn't probably safe. I think if you use liquid Goat Dewormer - fenbendozole or Panacur has that medicine in it (but I haven't personally used that brand and formulation), but they won't hurt him. I know, gross though!

Back
Top Bottom