Crayfish set-up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I see. My male doesn't eat as much and I just decided to leave his carrot for now. If he still doesn't eat it tomorrow I'll remove it. My female still keeps asking for food just now so I'll just give her a little bit more. With my dwarf I inspected his molt earlier and saw he cut off his claw. I gave them all cucumbers to supplement more calcium but I can't tell if the dwarf was eating it cause there were a lot left. As for the one that died she was was weak when I saw her and the other one was just hanging out inside his cave. I took her out and put her somewhere else to monitor her but she died later. Now I'm thinking maybe it's not a good idea to put them together unless I'm trying to make them mate. Was hoping to start a colony of them :\

Just one slice of cucumber per week in a tank of one cray is about all they can be expected to eat. Actually less, if you give the crawfish other vegetables. That's why the supplemental food is so important. Do you have a way to buy Hikari Crab Cuisine or something similar? If not at a local store, how about online? This really is the best way of being sure they'll get the calcium, protein, and other all-around essentials. It's the basis; vegetables, shrimp, and the occasional exoskeleton molt add to round out this basic nutrition.

Yup that's what I give them regularly but I have the generic ones. Gonna buy some more this week along with some plants for my shrimp tank. My female clarkii might eat it all up by herself with her appetite right now

An update on my Marbled Cray. I gave him a little astaxanthin and he's turning blue! :)

Back
Top Bottom