Neon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hoffman

Aquarium Advice Regular
I think I know the answer to this, but just want to know if you agree.

I keep on getting berry shrimp, then they aren't. No signs of babies. I have one neon (use to have 3) in the tank, do you think he's been snacking?

I think so.

I think I know the answer to this, but just want to know if you agree.

I keep on getting berry shrimp, then they aren't. No signs of babies. I have one neon (use to have 3) in the tank, do you think he's been snacking?

I think so.

Well, it could be two-fold.

Contrary to their delicate appearance, Neon Tetras are actually very good at snacking on fry and small shrimp. So they could be disappearing in that regard. It also could be the females dropping their eggs from stress due to having a predator (Neon) in the tank with them.

Nice i once got 2 zebra danios out of my fluval edge

Probably so!

LOL, I have the tanks, the 6.6 and the 12G and it is near impossible. I have had to mangle a special net to use in the 6.6G - bent up and out and the oddest looking thing, but it works most of the time.

I have 2 BN Plecos in the 12G and I think they have been snacking an the Blue Velvet shrimp and I cant get them out. I am about to remove everything and clean and start over after getting them out.

Also since I have gotten a larger school of Celestial Pearl Danios but I think they have been munching too. :facepalm:

This tank is grown over 2-3 times so it is really crazy, it is a comfort to know others have a hard time with getting the fish (and shrimp).

Congrats on getting your Neon out!

60074-albums13090-picture64838.jpg

Also...I seen 1 baby tonight. Pretty small. I'm hoping there are more, and that because the neon is out, maybe they will stick around.

Well it looks like the one female isn't going to have babies. I just watched her for about 30 mins tonight, and in that time she dropped 3 eggs. As far as I know, they we're suppose to hatch in her, and then come out fighting. I guess the other shrimp get a snack tonight. :((

Back
Top Bottom