Show off your shrimp tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Very nice niQ! What are all the plants you have in there? I see Java moss,crypts,anubias, is that sprite too...?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thx Tbox & andresdeo! :)
Nopes, no water sprite. But you were right about the other plants Tbox! I have myrio mattogrossense, downoi, hc, rotala indica, vallisneria nana, creeping jenny (not sure on accuracy), anubias nana petite, christmas & java moss, cryptocoryne parva & wendtii brown.

I want to do that! Can I just add drift wood and stick it in my sand and then tie the moss on with fishing line? Can I keep the fishing line on or do I eventually take it off?

NatureFish
????

I want to do that! Can I just add drift wood and stick it in my sand and then tie the moss on with fishing line? Can I keep the fishing line on or do I eventually take it off?

NatureFish
????

Yes. You may have to stabilize the DW to keep it upright. I use slate and stainless steel screws for that. Also, different species of moss have different growing patterns. Some grow upward, some sideways, and some downward. Research the moss you wish to use. I've used fishing line (the lighter test the better...please, no fluorescent colors). The moss will grow over it. Some will suggest thread as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

@NatureFish- I used thread to tie the christmas & java moss to the tree. The thread will eventually fall apart and the moss will attach itself to the driftwood by then. I have not used fishing line yet, but I think it would work fine. The thread is a lil messy anyways when it falls off.
@Fresh2o- I have flame moss but not in this tank :)

Are shrimp more finicky about water parameters than most fish? I would think so since they are so small and fragile.

NatureFish
????

Are shrimp more finicky about water parameters than most fish? I would think so since they are so small and fragile.

NatureFish
????

Yes they are. they are sensitive, one little spike can change the course of their future...?

Sent from my D6503 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

niQ, how often do you prune your moss? Not trying to get fresh with you :) Do you use a Miyagi technique when you prune?
"Think only tree, wipe your mind."

Oh my.... Maybe I shouldn't start the aquarium experience off with shrimp then..

NatureFish
????

@Tbox- actually I have not trimmed the moss yet, it needs it tho now. Its been 3 months since I set this tank up. Miyagi technique...haha thats cute :)

Thanks the intel on your tank niQ! Looks great after 3mos! I'll need 3mo follow up pics to make sure you're staying on top of it.
How are you juicing your tank? Light,ferts,CO2, etc?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

@Tbox- co2 (20 oz paintball), current+ led 7 hr, seachem liquid ferts.
I hope I can stay on top of my tanks, I normally let it get overgrown then rescape. Its a vicious cycle, haha.

Started up a pair of shrimp tanks a few weeks ago and they're ready to go. First tank will be for blue dreams, the second for pumpkins.

86602-albums13553-picture67734.jpg

86602-albums13553-picture67733.jpg

Back
Top Bottom