Show off your shrimp tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh.. I was wanted to post a video from my camera roll ? and ok well it sure looked nice!

Sent from my iPhone

Oh.. I was wanted to post a video from my camera roll ? and ok well it sure looked nice!

Sent from my iPhone

Not sure if you can post directly. I had to post videos from my camera roll to YouTube and then grab the link for the videos.
Nice job on the floss pad.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Oh ok.. Never mind then.. And thanks! The shrimp won't all gather so I cant get a pic...

Sent from my iPhone

Oh ok.. Never mind then.. And thanks! The shrimp won't all gather so I cant get a pic...

Sent from my iPhone

I take pics at dinner time. Also, I think the wafers promote social time as opposed to the granules (which can spread all over the tank).

I guess they weren't very hungry... Only one tried to eat it. I will go look again in a few min! Just one was eating it and seemed pretty happy!!

Sent from my iPhone

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1413341180.331197.jpg LONER o thought they would be hungry!! Lol ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1413341222.942658.jpg two back there ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1413341254.620766.jpg one there and I think he last one is hiding in my plant in the corner

Sent from my iPhone

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1413345997.341641.jpg here is everybody in one pic! The three in the front and two on the moss ball

Sent from my iPhone

Nice pic of them! Glad they re all safe.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1413403942.740745.jpg just added the little pebbles and 3 neon tetras! And the water level is low base I took it out to try to fix the tank... The lid doesn't fit on the tank, I really hope I won't have to get a new one from the company and redo everything :| ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1413404027.523032.jpg all the neons want their picture taken! And I also added the snail on the right side! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1413404063.987053.jpg love how this turned out!!!

Sent from my iPhone

The paper clips will get rusty kinda quick.
I broke a few plastic forks to the appropriate length to press the pad up against the intake. Seems to work, but inevitably a few savvy shrimp will find a way through. Also, I just wedged some filter pad in the lower intake.

Attachments

• 1413562487694.jpg
    1413562487694.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 90
  • 1413562508831.jpg
    1413562508831.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 81
This paper clips have a coating and won't rust. I wasn't able to fit anything into the intake..

Sent from my iPhone

Since there's so many shrimp hobbyists here I thought I would ask, what does a dead shrimp look like? I saw a picture of one and it was black...

NatureFish
????

Can be white, crispy ( I had ghost shrimp jump out!), upside down. Make sure you know the difference between a mount and a dead shrimp!

Plenty of self explanatory photos in this thread. It's pretty simple.
1-cycled mature tank
2-substrate
3-filter (sponge is easiest)
4-shrimp
5-plants

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium advice.

This shrimp channel on YouTube said you have to get ALL these products so I'm glad to hear its so simple. Right now the only thing stopping me from getting some would be...."gross it's dead!" Since, you know, they don't live too long...

NatureFish
????

This shrimp channel on YouTube said you have to get ALL these products so I'm glad to hear its so simple. Right now the only thing stopping me from getting some would be...."gross it's dead!" Since, you know, they don't live too long...

NatureFish
????

Define "don't live too long"? I believe the average lifespan is anywhere from 1-1.5 years which is pretty decent considering they are best suited as a self-sustaining colony where breeding and death is a part of the cycle. In a heavily planted well populated tank you might not see any dead shrimp. Being scavengers, they will "take care of their own" so to speak.

Define "don't live too long"? I believe the average lifespan is anywhere from 1-1.5 years which is pretty decent considering they are best suited as a self-sustaining colony where breeding and death is a part of the cycle. In a heavily planted well populated tank you might not see any dead shrimp. Being scavengers, they will "take care of their own" so to speak.

I consider anything that lives less than 5 years to be something that doesn't live long. It just grosses me out too much to see any dead creature whether it be a cockroach or a shrimp. It just gives me the chills! Too gross for NatureFish! :)

NatureFish
????

NatureFish
????

You've done some good research. Digging deeper will show that chances are you're not gonna see the dead ones. Unless you can sit in front of the tank all day. They are scavengers and will eat just about anything. That's another reason it's recommended to leave the molts in the tank as they do get some beneficial protein from it. Also, if you happen to see a bunch of dead ones, there's a problem. As we all know, shrimp only tanks are generally smaller and smaller tanks can suffer adverse conditions more quickly. They are also way more fragile than fish, so acclimation has to be 100% spot on. If you can handle seeing a dead fish (although I agree, yuk) you can handle a dead shrimp.

You've done some good research. Digging deeper will show that chances are you're not gonna see the dead ones. Unless you can sit in front of the tank all day. They are scavengers and will eat just about anything. That's another reason it's recommended to leave the molts in the tank as they do get some beneficial protein from it. Also, if you happen to see a bunch of dead ones, there's a problem. As we all know, shrimp only tanks are generally smaller and smaller tanks can suffer adverse conditions more quickly. They are also way more fragile than fish, so acclimation has to be 100% spot on. If you can handle seeing a dead fish (although I agree, yuk) you can handle a dead shrimp.

It hard to look at a dead fish for more than 5 seconds. If there's a dead fish I just say dead fish and someone in the house throws it out. It's just too yucky for me. However I'm glad you said that they will eat the dead bodies. It's just that...what if they leave the head or something? Eww I need to stop thinking about this! :(

NatureFish
????

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom