Pond build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EriksFish315

Aquarium Advice Addict
Spring times around the corner and I'm looking to set up a pond. What do you use for filtration are there any links you can direct me to?

U tube filtration. Biofilter and uv pump. Shade a must for clear water...

Hey I'm looking for a hevy duty pump for a pondmaster puv-4000 filter that will be filtering my 2000 gallon pond I'm going to start digging shortly. I need a pump that is as close to 4000gph as possible and can be ran 24/7 and hevy duty.

Good choice?

Thanks I'm having my local landmaster store install a 10' X 20' koi pond in my yard shortly.

I have been in 2 koi clubs & have read many bad storys about land masters. It's not that hard to buld a pond but can be hard to fix one real hard to fix. If you go to koiphen .com you can get help. You will & your builder will know a little more.
Make sure you have a bottom drain. My pond is 8' ft deep the top ground level. I shoud have made it 6' deep 4' below & 2' ft above ground.

They are not pond builders. How deep will your pond be? What fish are going in it. When I hear pond I think Koi. I'm sure a master bulder can handle a pond if he knows what is needed & not just thinks he knows. I can't think of all the little thing that have gone worng not even the worng things I did. I went out to dig a smsll goldfish pond and just keep going 8' deep 21' to 23' round. It is nice but could be a lot better if I had look in to it. I like your 10'x20' better.

pond build

Hey I'm looking for a hevy duty pump for a pondmaster puv-4000 filter that will be filtering my 2000 gallon pond I'm going to start digging shortly. I need a pump that is as close to 4000gph as possible and can be ran 24/7 and hevy duty.

Good choice?

I used a pondmaster 9.5mag on my pond that ran my bog-filter setup had it for several years running 24/7. Had to sell it but I have found Pondmaster mag pumps on Pet Mountain super good prices for good not believe it. Not sure if they make one that large though.

Yeah had one like that on an old pond and was a pain to clean and would no way suport a 2,000 gallon + pond I'm going with a bottom drain skimmer and waterfall

Pond pump

Get on to E-bay get yourself a Cal pump Torpedo, I have been running my pond for four years with this 10,000 gph Torpedo. They are energy officiant and quiet and I believe it is available in a 2,000gph-4,000 gph-7,500 gph I assume that you want an out of water pump for the bottom drain,skimmer set up. A more officiant option would be a two speed pump like the one on my secondary filter system that you could set the timer for a low power operation at night and high speed for a more robust water fall during the day when you are out enjoying your pond. Usually the very best prices for pond equipment is on E-bay but sometimes one could get lucky and find a used one for cheap. Good luck :)

Back
Top Bottom