Turtle diet question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SadSoyBeans

Aquarium Advice Freak
So im confused about calcium and iron absortion. Does calcium inhibit iron absorbtion or the other way around? My lfs said that kale and spinach isnt good to feed them because it can block the calcium absorbtion, but a recent search i found out that it might be the opposite. Please help soon.

Nevermind i actually did figure it out, it wasnt iron that inhibits calcium absortion its some type of acid that in certain foods

Hi there as far as feeding I would only feed red leaf lettuce and green leaf lettuce and maybe some kale moderate use only and moderate use of cut/ shredded carrots allow turtle to bask as normal under uva/ uvb to allow maximum absorption of vitamins also a cuddle bone thrown in tank to provide extra calcium... Feed greens daily and pellets feed equal size to turtle head if hallow once every other day leaves no stems and protein once a week maybe a cricket or few meal worms ... If this is a slider this is good basking temp 85-90 degrees and water 76-78 degrees provided this is a healthy adult slider which are more omnivores as a adult (plant eaters)

Oh I see how far is lights from dock... 80 is not bad but since I assume its a adult I would stay 78 and keep light approx.. 12 to 18inch from dock you should be fine remember lights 12hrs on 12hrs off

If anything else comes up please don't hesitate to ask a lot of people have good knowledge on this site ..... Well hope everything turns great have a great evening...

Back
Top Bottom