180 gal reef set up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I Ive gotta a 55 gal planned if I elevate it I think it will be OK what do you think

Next thing I want to use uncured live rock to cycle this anyone have recommendations on a source

Yea I have a 55 sump too and i had to make my stand higher then I wanted just to be able to get the cup out. I was more worried about the width than the height of it. My skimmer the pump sits inside so it doesn't take up as much room . I'll post a pic so you can get a feel of how much room you need. My skimmer chamber is about a foot wide.look up some of the reef octopus sump saver models they have smaller footprints

Pondmaster 9.5 . You might want more flow since you plan on a reef setup . Mine is just fowlr. You still could use it if you would like but i would think you would need a 3rd powerhead to get the flow you need for a reef tank. I never had coral so see what the reef people on here say about that size return.

300watt heaters with electronic display 200 gal Bio actiff tropic Marin salt 10#s miracle mud and twenty gallons of Bio balls

I hope to upgrade to a 180 this year, I have the perfect spot for one with access for both sides. So far you are going the direction that I want to.

No I worry too much about trapping amonia pockets with DSB no sand ordered yet or live rock tank still empty tommorrow will re-enforce floor with elephant jacks and steel I beam still trying to figure put how to get sump in stand looking for website to get raw UN cured live rock which is how I'm going to cycle I have a diy eccosystem sump so I can load anything I want really I'm looking for rock that is going to give me plenty of critters not stuff that's been in curing tanks for weeks maybe months

Back
Top Bottom