28 Gallon SW Build...hopefully...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
IMO you are only talking 6 inches overall which means 3 on each side if you center it. Should look fine I would think.

Whoops, sorry, I didn't finish reading the thread before I responded. To quote Emily Latella, "Never Mind". :)

Carey,

I just finished reading, i think i'm sold on that fixture. I don't want any limitations...i would like to be able to keep things from softies to SPS, clams and nems.

Another question, which such a powerful light, would i not be able to keep the lower light corals.

So it's going to be either or on the fixture...depending on how loose my pockets are the day of the purchase....Mr. X said to get a combo of aquablue plus, aquablue special, and purple plus...I like that blueish look and then when the colors pop when it's night time...almost like they are glowing. what other bulbs should be in the mix?

Yep, ati usually doesn't include bulbs in their fixtures I've found. But some sites will give you a percentage off the bulbs if you buy the fixture. usually like 25% I think.

You would place your corals according to their light and flow demands. The less like liking ones go towards or on the bottom and the needier ones can be placed higher up in the tank. same as if you had a crappy light. ;-)

Just a warning, the purple plus is quite purple. I just put in all new ATI bulbs in my 12 bulb fixture. I went with 6 ati aquablue specials at about 12k spectrum. That gets rid of the yellowish hue you can get with 10k bulbs. For the actinics I have 4 ati blue plus and 2 purple plus. I have just aquablue specials and blue pluses on my 55 and really like the blue tint it gives.

I just tried out the purple ones to see what they do. I still have 4 more blue pluses to install yet though so maybe the purple will die down a bit.

Lol thanks carey...this is so hard to decide!!! In all honestly i should prolly go with the aquaticlife one, but im such a tech nerd and I love the latest and greatest...lol....

Any thoughts on bulbs?

I'd vote ATI bulbs, I love mine. They are priced right too, much less than the geissmanns and uvl's.

So which one you leaning towards then? The ati one would be awesome I bet but again, theres the cost concern.

I'll go see if I can find the websites that offer them with the 25% off on bulbs when you buy the fixture...

Well i have a wad of cash in my sock drawer for about 665...lol. Just been throwing money at it saying one day i'll buy a light. I'm leaning towards the ATI...just looking for that justification.

That's what I consider them. :) The blue pluses for sure are actinic since they are really really blue. i feel the same way about the purples. Not enough white light in them really.

More goodies today!!!!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110921_172706.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110921_172706.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 80
Here it is in the 36 gal bow....pump on this thing is enormous

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110921_214418.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110921_214418.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 67
Back
Top Bottom