3 week tank cycle done?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shadowbrk

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi my tank had been cycling for 3 week and a half is it done cycling? Today it is
Ammonia 0
Nitrates 5.0
Ph 8.2
Nitrite 0
Salinity 1.026
Is it safe to add live stock, coral, and light? Thanks!!! I will respond back fast!

Finish cycling salt water 80gal help!

Have an 80 gallon tank. When the tank is finish cycling how many fish and clean up crew can you add in at a time? Thanks

Did you have an ammonia spike? If so, its good to go. I don't know how many fish you can introduce at once, but CUC has no limit. Add what you want. I have a 90 gallon and added 10 nassarius snails, 4 hermit crabs, 3 peppermint shrimp, and a brittle star all at once. I started with 3 fish, and then added 3 more the next time. I wouldn't overload it with corals right off the bat. Give them some time to adjust and go slow with them. Some corals do better in longer established tanks and won't survive in a one or two month old tank.

Sent from my XT1080 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Cycle with live rock. Never had an ammonia or a nitrite spike.

My tank cycled from live rock alone. So don't say you can't. But it is a more reliable process by adding an ammonia source.

Sent from my XT1080 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom