30 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JTAM963

Aquarium Advice Activist
How many clowns can i put in a 30 gallon tank? I was also wodnering what other kinds of fish could live in there?

In such a small environment you should never keep more than two clowns and they must be the same species.

The number and type of fish would greatly depend on their max abult size, behaviour/aggression and if they are active or benthic fish. Trying to keep them >2" would be an asset.

I would suggest looking through >>here<< and see what strikes your fancy. Put together a wish list keeping in mind the above mentioned criteria and post it so others can help you with an informed descision.

Cheers
Steve

A small Goby or Blennie is always fun too for a smaller reef tank. Same with small shrimp and crabs

Grammas are kinda cool lookign too....i have a 30 gal also. Right now i have 2 percula clowns and i am planning on getting a blennie OR a gramma. I will get a few snails and maybe a cleaner shrimp or too. I think that about maxes out my tank.

I have a 30 long reef and am housing 2- false Percula's, 1 Sailfin Blenny, 3 red tailed Firefish & 1 Golden coris wrasse. & 1 big Pacific Anenome which we have had for about 3 years.

That is the general guideline. You can check >>here<< as a reference. It also depends on the types of fish to be kept as well. Some are less active than others, occupy different area's of the tank and having an aggressive nature or not.

In stocking smaller tanks, aggression and filtration capacity are just as important as # of fish.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom