300 gallons?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeni2u

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm going to get a 300g acrylic tank. I am a little nervous. If anyone has any advice please share. I'm going from a 30 to 300.

Well first off Congrats. That's a lot of tank to work with. Your water parameters will stay more stable in a larger tank. Just do your research on lighting. Also invest in a good skimmer. I'll be following along.

Thank you :) I prefer LEDs but I'm not sure how many to get. I have half blue and white now, 120w with a dimmer.

that's really dependant on your needs. if you are planning coral, youll need to vary the intensity on what types of corals you want. if going the non-coral route, you can pretty much light the tank with whatever you like

Not sure what brand you have now but I've read a lot of good things on the Taotronics dimmable fixtures. There is a thread on here called lighting best bang for your buck. You should search it. Lots of info.

That's what I have and it's been great I have no complaints.

Huma I'm hoping to have a large variety of corals and fish. There will be so much room to play with :)

Back
Top Bottom