55g saltwater questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gmeredith56880

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello all,
I currently have 4 tanks, 1 10g shrimp tank, 1 10g sw tank, 1 55g fw tank, and an empty 55g sitting in my garage. The reason I haven't set up the other one is because I need a stand and stuff. So here is my main questions. How durable is the stand in this link Aquarium Stands & Furniture: Titan Eze Metal Aquarium Double Stands
Supposedly it can hold 2 55 gal tanks bit I'm just worried with all that weight it would end up falling or something. I have laminate floors a Maltese and a two year old.

So here's an idea I had. I know nothing about refugiums or sumps but I was thinking I could have the 55 gal sw as my display with a 55g fuge underneath.
Idk what id have to do to make it possible or if it's even feasible. But is that idea a good one? I'm planning on working on it this year. Any feedback is welcome and I'll prob post the build here as I get started.
Thanks.

That stand will work but you may want to skin it so the bottom is enclosed Keeping both kids and pets out of the sump. You may want to think about drilling the DT for the over flow also easy to do while tank is empty. What type of tank will this be? FOWLR a Softy. Mixed?

As your going SPS Buy good lights first go LED I'm using The TaoTronics 120 watt dimmable from ebay you cant beat them for the money Expect to spend around 20-25 dollars per gallon to set up a full blown SPS tank When stocking be sure to add only reef safe fish/inverts

Back
Top Bottom