Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-18-2012, 10:11 PM   #151
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khij159753
So... I was thinking today about how I feed my tank and was wondering if there's a better way.

Right now I blend up a mix of food that I would feed my fish and keep that in the freezer.
When it's feeding time I break off some of it and put it in my tank and it dissolves within seconds and spreads throughout the entire tank.

Also I feed that every day so there's not much variety. Besides the variety that got blended together.

So am I feeding right?
I know all my fish are eating but I feel like Alot of food is just gettin stuck in rocks and stuff.

Also for making the food. Alot of it is the frozen cubes, should I be defrosting them and rinsing them in water and just using the actual shrimp and stuff?

Should I feed my mixture one day and then like a shrimp or something from the store the next?

Any opinions or help are appreciated! Thanks
What kind of food are you blending up?? Id say its perfectly fine with excess stuff hitting the rocks.. if u have a good CUC you shouldn't have a problem, I know I don't and yes I would rinse them off first if ya can, and you can vary the types of food you feed day by day, someone once told me fish are like humans.. we don't eat the same thing everyday do we?

Old 10-18-2012, 10:33 PM   #152
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
So yesterday morning I mixed 80 gallons of saltwater then late last night I did a huge WC!
I also got another T-5 4 bulb

think I can add a fish tonight if all the parameters are good?

and im really thinking about buying 8 new bulbs even though I wanna wait till Christmas.
(the 4 daylights in 1 of the T-5's makes the whole tank look weird. I like the blue Alot more)

Anyone know a good combo of 8 bulbs?

Still open to info on my earlier feeding question also.
Not too sure on the whole bulb situation.. I've always just had 4 bulb fixtures with 2 blues and 2 whites lol

As far as adding a fish.. I'm assuming the tank is cycled? As long as its cycled, you can add A fish.. what r u planning on adding first?

Old 10-18-2012, 11:27 PM   #153
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanS180

What kind of food are you blending up?? Id say its perfectly fine with excess stuff hitting the rocks.. if u have a good CUC you shouldn't have a problem, I know I don't and yes I would rinse them off first if ya can, and you can vary the types of food you feed day by day, someone once told me fish are like humans.. we don't eat the same thing everyday do we?
Ummm.... I blend up some shrimp, mysis shrimp, brine shrimp, cyclopeeze, squid, emerald entre, number 1 frozen fish food. A few other things I find. just pretty much whatever I would feed my fish that I can find and okay thanks
Old 10-18-2012, 11:32 PM   #154
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanS180

Not too sure on the whole bulb situation.. I've always just had 4 bulb fixtures with 2 blues and 2 whites lol

As far as adding a fish.. I'm assuming the tank is cycled? As long as its cycled, you can add A fish.. what r u planning on adding first?
Okay. Yeah the tank is cycled. I just wanted to make sure an 80 gallon water change wasn't gonna mess with anything.

The first thing is gonna be my little clown from my 29 gallon(maybe 1/2" long), then my scooter blenny from my 29 and then slowly moving all my CUC and coral over from my 29 then I plan on gettin chromis

I'm thinking it'd be okay to acclimate and put in a couple handfuls of snails with each of the 2 fish correct? Could I add both the fish at the same time?
Old 10-19-2012, 12:38 AM   #155
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:

Okay. Yeah the tank is cycled. I just wanted to make sure an 80 gallon water change wasn't gonna mess with anything.

The first thing is gonna be my little clown from my 29 gallon(maybe 1/2" long), then my scooter blenny from my 29 and then slowly moving all my CUC and coral over from my 29 then I plan on gettin chromis

I'm thinking it'd be okay to acclimate and put in a couple handfuls of snails with each of the 2 fish correct? Could I add both the fish at the same time?
As long as your numbers are okay I don't see a problem.. esp since its such a big tank and such little fish, it won't increase the bioload at all
Old 10-19-2012, 12:41 AM   #156
Aquarium Advice Addict

Sweet I'm acclimating a handful of snails and the clown now. Tomorrow I'll test the water then add the scooter an I'm hoping around Saturday I'll be adding the chromis
Old 10-19-2012, 09:40 AM   #157
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Sweet I'm acclimating a handful of snails and the clown now. Tomorrow I'll test the water then add the scooter an I'm hoping around Saturday I'll be adding the chromis
Normally id say give it a few days in between adding fish.. just be sure to monitor the water parameters
Old 10-19-2012, 01:53 PM   #158
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yeah. After I add the chromis I'll be takin a break from adding stuff
Old 10-19-2012, 02:31 PM   #159
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Yeah. After I add the chromis I'll be takin a break from adding stuff
That's probably a good plan.. bc even tho the fish are small, you're still gonna have to do lots of WCs until the tank can establish itself... like my 29G tank has 0 nitrates bc my filter is doing so well but before that my nitrates were up to like 80ppm lol
Old 10-19-2012, 03:04 PM   #160
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yeah. I figure after adding up to the chromis would be okay just cause the 5 fish that will be added are all real small. Plus shouldn't that help establish the BB faster?

Tags
90 gallon, start

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com