93 gallon cube equipment sugestions.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shaunk1978

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok everybody, I could use some help here. I got started two and a half years ago with a 29 gallon nano cube and have learned a lot. I am ready to move on and use what I learned. I have my sights set on a 93 gallon cube ( marineland) . Any lighting / skimmer/ sump suggestions?

I would love to led lighting if possible for power heat reasons. Since my first tank was a plug and play model i haven't had a lot of experience in equipment choices. Want a solid set up that will allow me to keep a broad spectrum of corals/ clams.

Any help would be great, I want to plan this tank to have as few hiccups as possible. As I learned over the last couple years with trial and error it can get quite expensive. : )

You should take as long as possible to complete this project. Everyone will have different opinions on equipment, but I like to focus on the bad reviews of everything I buy more than the good reviews.

After my research, I like the reef octopus skimmers. If you can afford better skimmers, then buy a more expensive one.

Grow chaeto if you want a simple refugium or you could build an algae turf scrubber.

Also I love diy led lighting. Best bang for your buck.

The chaeto is the reason I want a refuge. In the beginning it was all that save me from algae problems. I tried everything. Filled a column in the back with cheato, added a light, problem solved. I was sold at that point.

My cube

I have the same 93 gallon cube, love it. I am running a trickle sump with bio balls and a protein skimmer. It does a great job. I do have a lot of live rock and sand. Good luck. I have the 93 set up as aggressive 30 in snowflake eel, Koran angel, fox face, Niger trigger and a few damsels. I am setting up a 65 now.

I don't know anything about sumps, but I have Kessil LED light in ocean blue, my coral and anemone love it. I have an Aqua C Remora S skimmer, it hob and works great-very quiet, skims about a cup of stuff every 2 days or so.

Im thinking about 100 lbs rock with about 1 inch crushed coral the another 1-1.5 inch sand with top mixed coral/ sand. I have been thinking about the radion led with the pump that links to the light
Ecotec...

93 cube

Any idea what fish you are going to use? Mine is aggressive, I am setting up a 65 now the will be peaceful. :fish2:

It will be probably be my clowns, fire shrimp, and a bunch of snails and inverts/coral. To be honest I haven't given it much thought, as my interest is more towards coral than the fish. Would love a dogface though, I think they are so cool..

I love the dogface! Unfortunately it's not reef safe :/ in that size tank you got plenty of room to add some more fish. If you want I can post my list I plan to stock my 90 reef tank with to give you an idea of how much room you got.

I know I want to be able to have a maxima clam in this tank.

Im not sure the Radion light will support that clam at sand bed level.

Is this look like good pricing to you guys?????

Below is the Quote for the 93 Cornerflo Cube combo we discussed.
1 aquarium 549.99 479.99
1 Ventura Stand 349.99 279.99
1 30 x 30 glass canopy 56.99 44.99
1 r-200 Refugium 299.99 229.99
1 Aquamedic Skimmer 329.99 289.99
1 Mag Drive 950 Pump 139.99 125.99
1 Fluval M 300 Heater 40.99 36.89
1 Radion LED Light net 749.99
1 ES-40 Pump net 464.99
4 20# Live sand 111.96 100.76
1 40# Crushed Coral 37.99 34.19
1 Bio Spira Bacteria 24.99 22.49