93 gallon cube equipment sugestions.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
On the left evidently is retail the right is the given price.

almost or above $500 for just the aquarium?! Wow, I'd personally invest in coral, fish, and other equipment and find a good craigslist deal or have a standard 90 gallon or something instead. I use the Aquamedic Skimmer for my 70 and it does a nice job. Wouldn't recommend getting crushed coral for substrate as it traps nitrates. What about the rock? Looks like a good list of equipment though. :)

I got all the rock I need, parrnts live in south florida, make regular trips to the keys. Always having them mail me rock. (Base) will order som Fiji live rock. Im kinda stuck on the cube aquariums

Oh awesome! What a great resource. If you're willing to buy the aquarium for that much then by all means do! I love cubes too, but I also like to not be broke :lol:

Well, Im not rich by any means but i know what I like and If I got something different I would be regretting it and always wishing I had bought the cube....

You are going to need more than 1 Radion fixture. I have 1 over a 54, and the corners are darker than the rest. I accommodate mushrooms their. Honestly, 2 should do it.

Lighting? I don't really want to spend 1500 on lighting......

Sorry I deleted the first part, any other suggestions on lighting?

Radions are supposed to light a 24x24 area, so I am pushing it with my 54 corner. Depends what you want to stock?? Sps, definitely 2. Softies, could get away with 1. Maybe look for a less expensive fixture?

Rosesrblu1, do you have them on 100%? Almost everyone I've seen who has dimmable LEDs has had them only 50% on b/c they'll burn even their SPS. Hopefully someone else can step in and confirm whether or not you need 2.

I know i want to be able to house brain coral as well as a maxima clam.

I don't, but the spread is what he should be looking at. The brain and clam would work in the middle, but def not on the outer parts of the cube with 1 fixture. Also, if you get the Radion, don't set the white at 100%. Have had some algae issues with it,so I dialed them down a bit and it seems to be better.

I also have mine 2 inches off the tank and am mounting them tomm. I have procrastinated on this for months.

Well that might work out as i could house different species in different areas. I really want the light. I saw one at a lfs combined with eco's pumps and its a pretty sweet setup.

Do you have a glass canopy? He quoted me one but I don't want to use it. I think the glass and condensate will affect the lighting, no?

I do have the canopy and its coming off tomm finally!!! I am hanging the lights tomm and slowly increasing the intensity. The glass can interfere with the tanks gas exchange. I have a corner tank, so I had to DIY a shelf to hang the lights from. Shelf built and stained. Hubby over did it at the gym, so his arms are jello today, which is why we are hanging tomm. I have been waiting for months!!! I upgraded my skimmer, so it prompted me to hang the lights.

Depending on what you stock, you can try 1 in the middle, but...if you need the additional one, the add'l 750 would not be right away.

Acrylic would give more light penetration, but I wouldn't recommend it. It keeps in the heat and doesn't allow for gas exchange. I have a screen top on mine. It actually doesn't look bad or cheesy or take away from appearance like some may think. I got the idea from bulkreefsupply.com, they have a DIY video on it. I bought 1/4" clear netting and a spline roller (which really helps) from BRS and bought the spline and window metal frames at Home Depot. Buying most of the supplies at a hardware store is 50% cheaper than buying the kit as a whole. It was pretty easy to make too, just need a saw for cutting the metal.

Sounds good Im gonna stay with the light, if i need another later then I guess I will buy one.

Im gonna place my order monday, and for tose of you that helped out Im gonna do s build thread. There will be lots of pics...

I found my 93 gallon cube with a 6 in Koran angel, a Niger trigger and 4 damsels, live rock, live sand, 3 sets of t5 lights, power head, with a wet/dry trickle filter on Craig's list for 700.00. And he thew in the r o filter and food, salt, ect. Now I watch Craig's list all the time : )

Back
Top Bottom