Acclimating without a quarantine tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KWconch

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi! I do not have a quarantine tank and was wondering what other measures could be done to acclimate a fish? Also, how do you handle anenome, corals, ect... with just gloves or what? Thanks! :multi:

gloves?

I just handle them with bear hands. Of course I dont lather my hands up with cream or any of that kind of stuff.

you should acclomate the same reguardless if you ahve a quarinteen tank or not. But be known if you have a tank with a bunch of rock in it not quarinteeing the fish could cause you alot of greef expecially if the fish develops a disease or parasite problem.

anenomes should be held by their base supporting their body. Corals should be held by the rock they are attached. or if they have a stony base held by the base. If they have a large soft body then measures may need to be taken to support the coral out of the water.

Quarantine

Thanks for the advice! :D I read the articles and since the quarantine set-up is so cheap and easy, I will get that right away. I have a starfish, sebae anenome and true clownfish coming from Marine Depot Live to arrive here on Tues. I will definitely quarantine. I would hate to risk the fish being sick or dying.
By the way, I don't mind handling the corals and other animals with bare hands as long as they don't sting or get hurt themselves. What do you think about marine epoxy? Should I use it when I purchase my new corals so that I may attach them to existing LR? Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom