Algae growth on rocks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Antec

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ve had my tank running for about two months now, and about two weeks ago I started seeing some algae growth on the rocks. And it's kept growing. For how many hours should I have my al sol blue's at peak intensity. Theyre at peak for about 6 hours now. And I don't feed much and have a very light bio load. (2 clowns, some snails, crabs, and 2 peppermints in a 90g) I feed every 2 days.

Antec said:
Ve had my tank running for about two months now, and about two weeks ago I started seeing some algae growth on the rocks. And it's kept growing. For how many hours should I have my al sol blue's at peak intensity. Theyre at peak for about 6 hours now. And I don't feed much and have a very light bio load. (2 clowns, some snails, crabs, and 2 peppermints in a 90g) I feed every 2 days.

Faithful on waterchanges? Using fuge? Test source water?

Really wouldn't worry about it unless you have flow issues tank is cycling still and very time you add something it will cycle lightly I'd start with blowing the rock off make sure they is no detritus in the rock work make sure your rock is clean and improve flow I had ALGEA problems untill I got a wave box now that nothing can settle all ALGEA is dead other then coraline

20g Water change every two weeks, I do have a fuge, and I buy my salt water but do not test my top off ro water as I buy it from a publix machine

Back
Top Bottom