And I start!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Putting together a sump and when I install I was thinking of filling it up with sand and base rock and just let it come live. Nothing wrong with that is there?

You can do that. I added some base rock to my sump as well as some live rock. The base will become live shortly now worries. :)

All of my parameters are good and I keep losing fish. Ammonia is at 0 trite 0 trats 10 and oh at 8.0. What could be happening?

All of the ones that died unexpectedly were from the same place. But there reputation was great. Another lfs told me there water was such a high quality that it was hard to get there fish to live other places, but that just sounded dumb to me. Some have died getting stuck to a power head intake (the powered head was removed) another got stuck to the intake for the skimmer. I don't have my sump set up yet

Just an quick update of my tank. I will not be adding any more fish to the tank for a few weeks. I have my sump built and overflow box is here should be delivered on Tuesday. Will have it set up on Wednesday. I was wondering if the setup is wrong or ok to do. Water in and skimmer then over, under, over baffel then large area (fuge?) Than over and under baffel to return area.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20111231_200247.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111231_200247.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 144
I had it leak testing for a week than thought the last area needed another baffel to stops bubbles to the return.

jjamontan said:
Just an quick update of my tank. I will not be adding any more fish to the tank for a few weeks. I have my sump built and overflow box is here should be delivered on Tuesday. Will have it set up on Wednesday. I was wondering if the setup is wrong or ok to do. Water in and skimmer then over, under, over baffel then large area (fuge?) Than over and under baffel to return area.

It may be too late- but your second divider from the right- it goes all the way to the top. If possible I'd take off an inch or two just invade you have a return flow from the dt in a power outage do the water can be easily displaced along the whole sump and maybe prevent a flood

Jlsardina said:
It may be too late- but your second divider from the right- it goes all the way to the top. If possible I'd take off an inch or two just invade you have a return flow from the dt in a power outage do the water can be easily displaced along the whole sump and maybe prevent a flood

In case* not invade. So the water*

Sorry. Early. Lol

Didn't think about that, I thought that it would fill the entire tank before it will overflow. Not looking forward to taking it apart, I guess I can test it first.

I filled up the sump and it will go all the the to the top. So the baffel all the way to the top is not a problem. I am still waiting for the pump to come in the mail. So ready to set it up and am getting angry that it has been a week and has not been sent yet.

I filled up the sump and it will go all the the to the top. So the baffel all the way to the top is not a problem. I am still waiting for the pump to come in the mail. So ready to set it up and am getting angry that it has been a week and has not been sent yet.

I feel your pain! You might want to call the seller.

I did they say well we don't count weekends and holidays. I told them that my money does, but it didn't help

I did they say well we don't count weekends and holidays. I told them that my money does, but it didn't help

If they don't ship it when they promise...report them to the BBB Welcome to BBBOnline

I've only done this once, but most of the time you just have to threaten. As long as they are in the wrong, use it to your advantage so you aren't taken advantage of.

jjamontan said:

That looks great! Did you find plans for it, or design your own?

Back
Top Bottom