aptaisa problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jereli

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I have tried using lemon juice on aptaisa like many have tried and had success with however not for me. I used lemon juice or lime juice one of those but anyway I only had about 3 at the time. all three shriveled up and appeared to be dead. Next thing I know about 3 weeks go by and there must be like 30 of them. It seems that the lemon juice spread them very rapidly. What else can I try for aptaisa? I don't want to try lemon juice again since it helped them multiply very quickly rather then kill it

You can try peppermint shrimp although it seems to be a hit and miss. I used to have an aiptasia problem, even having a huge one in plain site, but ever since adding a huge peppermint shrimp, I have not seen a single aiptasia.

I have a 55g and saw one. And next thing I knew I saw 15. Got 5 peppermint shrimp and in about a week they were all gone. Still have 4 shrimp in there and yet to see a new one pop up. Worked great for me.

Hmmm.. I guess I can try one. I already have a cleaner shrimp so I didn't want to get another shrimp but if there's a possibility that it can eat the aptaisa I guess its worth a try.

Should get along fine with ur other. I have 2 cleaner shrimp. 4 peppermint shrimp. And and arrow crab in mine and I did see the arrow crab eating one of the peppermint the other day. Why I'm down to 4. Lol

But when I first got them they just hid in the live rock but after a few days I saw them out and about and even trying to get the food from my eel when I would feed him. Shocked he has not gone after any of them yet.

Ill probably buy one this week and see how it goes...any one have experience with that stuff called Joes Juice I believe

If you want to see yourshrimp, use a red light at night. Their eyes glow. +1 on the shrimp. Make sure they are real peps, some LFS call all red shrimp pep. Also apX, joes juce or kalk paste on the big ones. I liked apX the ap thought it was food and didn't retract. Buah ha ha ha.

Yea my Lfs said the same thing on the apx stuff. That if the shrimp didn't work then to go to that. I'm just happy they took care of the problem.

I am gonna have to try that.. I just didn't want to but that kind of shrimp. I kinda wanted another cleaner shrimp instead

For the most part I never see mine. They just hide in the live rocks and never do anything. Mine come out at night alot and hunt around and sometimes come out when I feed. My cleaners I love cus when I clean the glass or go to fees my eel they clime all over my hand.

Back
Top Bottom