Bad Aiptasia!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Corty

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've discovered one small.. item.. that I'm pretty sure is Aiptasia, near the front corner of my aquarium. I'd rather not go to all the trouble of injecting it with things, as it's in the sand. Can I just stick a cup in and remove him and some of the sand?

He's still very small, and contrary to what everyone says, I think he's quite pretty, but I'd like to get him out before he decides to sting something.

(I'd also like to know why all the things I get from my live rock seem to be bent on destroying the aquarium.. where are my tiny little sea stars?!)

Corty said:
I'd rather not go to all the trouble of injecting it with things, as it's in the sand. Can I just stick a cup in and remove him and some of the sand?
If it living loosely on the sand and not touching any hard surfaces yes, it can be removed. I would suggest a syhpon hose instead though. It will ensure no part of it breaks off during removal. These anemonia reproduce via tissue seraration so any part that breaks free no matter how small will grow into a new pest.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom