Beau_123's 55g reef tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well it is set up and running I have a hob protein skimmer I am just thinking about upgrading to a sump.

Do I need a specific saw or do I just need a blade.

Do acans grow fast or slow and what do new heads look like

Depends. My acan lords grow pretty quickly and it looks like a new head a month I think. But this depends on the acan, I have one that has only grown one new head and another that hasn't grown any new ones. They are right beside the ones growing a new head a month.

Does this one look good

Attachments

• image-572927137.jpg
    image-572927137.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 96
Here is a better pic

Attachments

• image-1015878901.jpg
    image-1015878901.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 85
So do you think this acan will produce more heads and does it look good.

How should I spot feed my corals because I tried to do it earlier but didn't know how much good I did.

If they are photosynthetic, there is no need to feed them. It only leads to nutrient issues. If they want to feed some ontop of the light, they can eat what is already floating around in your tank, like fish poop or whatever.

Well I just got a huge thing of reef chili for my acan frogspawn and zoas I was woundering how I should feed them.

Why isn't my hob protein skimmer not making any macro bubbles.

One of my hermit crabs like ate or did something to one of my snails is this normal. I also have anothe bigger shell in the aquarium for him.

Why isn't my hob protein skimmer not making any macro bubbles.
Is it still breaking in , how old is it

Also what is the best salt mix to use.
I like the Kent Marine reef salt

One of my hermit crabs like ate or did something to one of my snails is this normal. I also have anothe bigger shell in the aquarium for him.
it's fairly common that a hermit will kill a snail for it's shell It's just a part of the survival chain

My hob is now working good now and how should I mix and use the salt mix.

Back
Top Bottom