Carey's 90g FOWLR Build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Haha ya hes a magnificent fish! I just looked them up on LA and they get bigger then i thought! Its also crazy how their colors change from juvie to adult! Very cool!

I think it was smart of you to get a juvenile, that way you can watch him change into his adult coloration. :)

The color change is awesome for the red coris, can't wait for that to start happening. I do like how he looks now though, lol, but it will be neat to see such a drastic change in his appearance.

So far the red coris has been picked on by most every fish in the tank. :-( The six line and the yellow coris seem the most intent on annoying him. Hope they settle down a bit, I hate seeing the red coris being chased.

Not sure but supposedly the coris will jet under the sand when scared but so far he only went under the sand last night at lights out. So maybe the other fish arent bothering him as much as it looks like? Just worrying too much probably, I always expect the fish to get along.

Thanks everyone for the nice comments!! :-D

i got a yellow coris wrasse, they where supposed to hide under the sand too. this guy hid alllllllll the time. then died. maybe keep an eye out for that? dont know if its the same for all of them. just sharing my experience.

Thanks. My yellow coris shoots right into the sand as soon as the lights go out. I can see the red coris under the sand now, he is still sleeping. lol

Everything in this tank is nice and settled in finally. The yellow and sixline wrasses were chasing the red coris for the past few days. he only came out for maybe 10 minutes a day and he would zoom back under the sand. Today i got home and all 3 wrasses were hanging out together so I guess they worked out their differences. After much thought I think i am gonna stay with the 3 wrasses I have, I really wanted like 5 or 6 but I think I will have issues in the tank. So this means I need help with stocking this.

The only fish etched in stone is the white tailed bristletooth tang. How about these fish

Purple Tilefish
Filefish
Midas Blenny
Goatfish
Hogfish
Harlequin Tusk
Bi-color angel fish

Any other fish ideas you guys wanna throw in? I'm open to suggestion for sure! :)

And looking for input as to what inverts I can have. I don't think I can have shrimp or hermits but what about snails? I just ordered a red starfish thats coming on Friday. I also ordered an urchin. Will these guys be ok in my tank? I know my hermit population has gone down. :-(

I will consider semi aggressive fish and peaceful fish as well plus they can be reef unfriendly. LOL

Thanks everyone for reading through yet another o fmy rambling posts.! below are some pictures of the tank and the red coris. Got a shot of him peeking out of the sand to make sure the coast was clear. he is an odd little fellow!

img_1777606_0_e2e81f2417daacaf04023082316b1caa.jpg

img_1777606_1_4f3586af29793390468c5c04bba1de40.jpg

img_1777606_2_e27e8f068b85c54f556f23901122b97a.jpg

No inverts at all with tusk. I saw mine rip a snail apart at the lfs yesterday. He's actually in a tank by himself. He's nice if u wanna spend the money. :)

Heck ya i gotta suggestion! ;) snowflake eel, bicolor angel, marine betta!!

I dont know if these are compatable with the fish you have now, but i saw "make a suggestion" and i just thought i would throw some out there ;)

would an urchin be good for the cuc with the tusk? plus isnt the tusk a wrasse so you get to have 4 of them! and the aussie is a beautiful fish!

I'm already on the bi color angel. :) I put that on the list didn't I? lol My tank cover can stop a jumper but not an eel, he would be outta there in a heartbeat.

Ok, so no inverts with the tusk. Got it. I was thinking the indonesian tusk since the australians are so expensive.

I'd maybe like something that can school, I know it's awesome watching the blue reef chromis in the 125g. What else can school that I can put in a 90g?

Oops sorry i didnt see the bi color! My bad! Maybe a flame? Haha those are pretty cool, and i think it would be REALLY cool if you got like 5-6 bangaii cardinal fish because they look very cool when they school

Oh wow that is looking nice. Are you going to use artificial corals? I've wanted to do a FOWLR because there are a lot of fishes that I like that are not reef compatible.

I'm not gonna try to make a fake reef, if i want to play with corals I'll use one of my other tanks. ;-) Gonna go take another look at the pygmy angel section for some ideas.

I was looking at the tassled filefish, but I kinda like the colored filefish.

So far, does anyone see any conflicts with the fish I have and the ones I'm debating on getting?

Everything in this tank is nice and settled in finally. The yellow and sixline wrasses were chasing the red coris for the past few days. he only came out for maybe 10 minutes a day and he would zoom back under the sand. Today i got home and all 3 wrasses were hanging out together so I guess they worked out their differences. After much thought I think i am gonna stay with the 3 wrasses I have, I really wanted like 5 or 6 but I think I will have issues in the tank. So this means I need help with stocking this.

The only fish etched in stone is the white tailed bristletooth tang. How about these fish

Purple Tilefish
Filefish
Midas Blenny
Goatfish
Hogfish
Harlequin Tusk
Bi-color angel fish

Any other fish ideas you guys wanna throw in? I'm open to suggestion for sure! :)

And looking for input as to what inverts I can have. I don't think I can have shrimp or hermits but what about snails? I just ordered a red starfish thats coming on Friday. I also ordered an urchin. Will these guys be ok in my tank? I know my hermit population has gone down. :-(

I will consider semi aggressive fish and peaceful fish as well plus they can be reef unfriendly. LOL

Thanks everyone for reading through yet another o fmy rambling posts.! below are some pictures of the tank and the red coris. Got a shot of him peeking out of the sand to make sure the coast was clear. he is an odd little fellow!

img_1777849_0_e2e81f2417daacaf04023082316b1caa.jpg

img_1777849_1_4f3586af29793390468c5c04bba1de40.jpg

img_1777849_2_e27e8f068b85c54f556f23901122b97a.jpg

Awesome pics especially that one with the red coris peeking out of the sand! I'm glad the Wrasses have decided to get along!

Have you thought about the Cherub Angelfish? They are cute and have a good amount of blue. :)
Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Pygmy (Cherub) Angelfish

Back
Top Bottom