Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-11-2011, 12:40 AM   #1251
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'm still looking for these pods on my rock

scottayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 08:47 AM   #1252
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Don't worry scott, they will show up. You have all base rock now right? If so it will take awhile to populate.

Old 05-11-2011, 01:41 PM   #1253
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well I've had it for a while.
And the rocks before that.
Altogether i've been cycled almost two months now. Is that enough time?
scottayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 01:47 PM   #1254
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I put about 60lbs of base rock in my 29g a few weeks ago and havent seen too many pods, just usually on the glass. I also have sand in that tank though that has been in use for years. I bought the sand from a guys breakdown about 6 months ago.

Pods and coepods show up as your tank matures. Theres unfortunately no set in stone time frame.

Another example is my pod tank. I have about 25lbs of lr and sand in a 10g and still not seeing a huge population.

I promise they will show up.

Are you gonna start restocking soon?
Old 05-11-2011, 01:54 PM   #1255
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey
Another example is my pod tank. I have about 25lbs of lr and sand in a 10g and still not seeing a huge population.
Are you feeding them? How do you even feed something so tiny???
1Vampiregirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 02:58 PM   #1256
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I have cheato and I've been putting in some phyto and the occassional fish flakes. Thats what I've been told to put in and I also fed them some pod supplement stuff. I only have some on the glass so far. I can always take a piece of lr from my 55g though, theres stuff crawling all over those rocks.
I found something that was bigger than my candycane goby in my skimmer cup yesterday, it was like SUPER POD. it was still crawling in my sink. Quite gross. lol
Old 05-11-2011, 03:10 PM   #1257
Aquarium Advice Freak

Yikes! That is gross!
A few weeks ago I had some tiny worms in my FW tank, there were like thousands of them in the gravel! Boy was it disgusting when I had to rinse the filter stuff in tank water!
Old 05-11-2011, 03:11 PM   #1258
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I just got off the phone with the company I got my fish from and they gave me a $20 credit for the one candycane goby that didn't make it. I didn't even have a picture of it since it was probably eaten. Good customer service. She even said she was sorry about the fish.

Petsolutions.com if anyone is interested. Got my bioCube and the fish from them.
Old 05-11-2011, 03:12 PM   #1259
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Vampiregirl View Post
Yikes! That is gross!
A few weeks ago I had some tiny worms in my FW tank, there were like thousands of them in the gravel! Boy was it disgusting when I had to rinse the filter stuff in tank water!

How do you get worms in a fw tank? Is it from having live plants? I've luckily never spotted any in my tanks. I would def be grossed out. yech..
Old 05-11-2011, 03:14 PM   #1260
Aquarium Advice Freak

I'll keep that in mind. I got my cube from them too and have that gift certificate lying around. Wasn't sure how reliable Petsolutions are. Thanks for sharing, Carey!

Tags
bio, bio cube, build, cube

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com