Carey's Bio Cube Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got them all in. The only one I can find is the citron goby, he's kinda big and orange. here are the pictures as I netted them. had to use a brine net to get the candycanes. I have no idea where anything is in my tank now. LOL

img_1341781_0_f1b8dd9b3b8372746766c15cc0d754ef.jpg

img_1341781_1_5ce8b492d3c9b34f921cc6749b9d5c74.jpg

Adorable!! But it's a horrible feeling when you can't find a fish... Last time I lost a fish, it showed up dead...

So I get paranoid. Lol.

Wow, I just can't believe how pretty they are. Good job Carey

Thanks guys. I should be able to get some shots after they settle in. One of the candycanes was out in front staring at the scooter before. lol The silly citron has found a spot behind the rocks of course. And well the other candycane is gone who knows where. Hermits and shrimp won't eat tiny fish will they?

mmm the hermits might if they are hungry enough and can catch them. The citron looks really nice! I wouldn't worry too much about the hermits though, just keep them well fed.

I have a 24g JBJ nano (was meant to get a 28 HQI, but Dr F and S sent the wrong tank; Not a big deal since the tank gets way hot and I'd rather not get a chiller for 100 dollars. They reimbursed me, so I spent 200 dollars on flow and filtration instead :D).

Did you say your tank overheats? I just keep my hood open, and when I'm out of the room turn a fan on to blow against the side. Temp never goes over 80.5.

I've always had immediate results when putting fish in but this time it's different. The citron is pretty much on the sand behind some rock and I've only spotted one candycane once.
i have the lights off and the one powerhead off since the fish are so tiny.

is this normal? Will they venture out tomorrow? I'm kinda feeling the need to rip apart the tank to make sure everyone is ok. I know i shouldn't but I'm getting worried.

whenever i add fish they always hide for a day or 2 except clowns they always hang out infront whenever i add them to any tank

I've never oredered fish online though so maybe they are stressed from the trip. Just hate seeing the citron on the sand, its kinda just sitting there, not on it's side best i can tell. i just spent a small fortune on these tiny fish and don't wanna lose any.

The citron is kinda a green hue now, he was orange when I put him in. Not sure if he's not well or just trying to camo himself.

on a really good note, the scooter ate like a pig today. he ate like a quarter cube of prepared. The only problem is it was a variety pack and i don't know which is the one he likes! LOL

i always order my live stock online usually from liveaquaria is that where you ordered yours?

Nope. I went through petsolutions. I got the biocube there cause it was the cheapest and they gave me a $30 credit for shopping there so I used it. it was free shipping basically. they did an awesome job in packaging them, even had blackout bags so they couldn't see the light. also made it so I couldn't see the fish without a flashlight lol

You think they are ok in there? I could move some rock and see if the citron moves. He's been back there since 2:30. :-(

oh ive ordered from them before great company i would leave them be mine are always shell shocked from the shipping the box clearly says dont turn over and live stock inside but a couple times my fedex driver gave me the box upside down lol

My guy was bouncing it around, i was like dude, there's fish in there. he didnt seem to care. Not my regular ups guy. :-(

Back
Top Bottom