Carey's Bio Cube Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
should I be getting different readings on my salinity on different sides of the tank? Seems like one side is ajust little more salty than the other

if your using a hydrometer their notoriously unreliable i would get a refractometer their much more accurate

im thinking about ordering 10lbs of live rock to seed some of my base rock.is this a good idea?

yea thats a great idea saves some money i wish i would have done it alot of members do it

Yes it should be live, you could also have different sal readings if your salt wasnt mixed with a powerhead a day in advance, and you didnt have enough flow in your tank (would be a bad combo of issues for your underwater friends)

he just started his tank out and its in cyling so he has no live stock yet

im thinking about ordering 10lbs of live rock to seed some of my base rock.is this a good idea?

Great idea! I did that with all my tanks but the first one. So much cheaper and the rock looks so much better usually. lol

Hmmm. I still can't find the one candycane goby. :-( The one is right in the corner, has been in the same place all day but I haven't even spotted the other one.

I figure I'll move the rocks tomorrow and try to find out his fate. I really hope I'm just missing him cause last thing I wanna do is try to get the fish guarantee honored, in fact, if he's dead and eaten would they honor it? i wouldn't think so...

carey said:
Hmmm. I still can't find the one candycane goby. :-( The one is right in the corner, has been in the same place all day but I haven't even spotted the other one.

I figure I'll move the rocks tomorrow and try to find out his fate. I really hope I'm just missing him cause last thing I wanna do is try to get the fish guarantee honored, in fact, if he's dead and eaten would they honor it? i wouldn't think so...

I hope he's okay. I've had a really sad day, but won't go into because I don't want to hijack the thread.

Aww bettta, sorry to hear that. I hope it gets better. :)

You know I never mind hijackers. lol Always free to chat here.

It would appear that I lost a candycane goby. :-(

I moved all the rocks around and i can't find it or a corpse.

Not sure what to do now......

carey said:

It might be in the sand hiding ?

I didn't mess with the sand. The other one I got is hanging out right in the open in the corner. I think they were way too small for my tank. Who knows maybe one day he'll show up but I'm pretty sure he is a goner and the cuc got him.

That's too bad :( Test your water and make sure you didn't cause any spikes with all that rock moving, don't want to lose any more fish :(

LOL. Just did, only thing showing is about 10 trates. So sad cause they would have looked so cute together. Now I have to find a replacement fishie. It's my own fault though, they were less than half an inch I shouldn't have bought them.

Sorry for your little goby, Carey. And I don't think it was your fault. Sometimes the journey is just too much for them. Keeping my fingers crossed for the other candycane.

Back
Top Bottom