Carey's Bio Cube Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is the pump on? Once the pump is on the output should *obviously* start moving water and then chamber 3 (far left) should start dropping

If the pump is plugged in and nothing's happening, you need a new pump

I plugged it in and it was making noise. But theres no water in there so I didnt wanna run it dry.

In chamber 3? it should be flowing in from chamber 2. Something's blocking it

Like I said, when the pump is off all the chambers and the display should have the same water level

Ok. It's only in the far right chamber. nothing in middle or the left where the pump is. I'll get in there with my flashlight and see whats up. Or I'll just fill it up to the second set of grates on the right wall.

btw, Thanks a ton. I'm like hopeless here. lol

Hmm, that might be it. I think the only way for it to go from chamber 1 to chamber 2 is the top little slot.

That'll probably be all that's going on

I filled it to the bottom part of the top grate and it worked for about 10 seconds. I will be putting in my rock tomorrow so that'll raise the water level so more.

Thanks very much for your help.

I'll be looking again tomorrow night too I betcha lol

It should be fine, I didn't realize you didn't have it full enough. I'd think with 20lbs rock displacement you should be good

With 30lbs sand and about 10-15lbs of rock my tank holds about 10G total

I didn't mean to have that much sand though, when I move I'll have about 15lbs

I was gonna add more sand to mine but I'm not sure. I have 20lbs in so far. I planned on about 35 to 40 lb of rock.

I ordered 50lbs of base rock from reefcleaners. I plan to take about 10-15 lbs out of my 55g and add that to the cube. Get it to cycle quickly. And my 55g gets some new base rock too . :-D win win lol

carey said:
I ordered 50lbs of base rock from reefcleaners. I plan to take about 10-15 lbs out of my 55g and add that to the cube. Get it to cycle quickly. And my 55g gets some new base rock too . :-D win win lol

can't waiit to see not sure why but i love pictures of lr nd br

I'll be waiting for the UPS guy by the door tomrrow LOL. I'll prob arrange the rocks like 20 times and then do it another 20 times! Haha....Can't wait.

haha i love pics of liverock too! I'm excited to go pick up pieces for my new pico even though it will just be a few pounds, gotta wait till they get some really nice stuff in though.

Sweet. I'll go check it out now. I'm really intrigued with the tiny tanks.

Here's a shot of the cube as of now. LOL I should have used the plate method but I figured i was going slow enough. Plus I used the "live" bagged sand so that had a bunch of ilk too.

img_1299465_0_b3196c6ef20209e8c1b7405ad3203624.jpg

Might as well have rinsed it first. Washed out all the nasty "bacteria" and lowered the sandstorm to a few days.

But hey, I can't talk, I did it too lol

Back
Top Bottom