Carey's LAST Build- 125g Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Clowns are indeed damsels so yep, they can be aggressive. Thats why I stuck with regular oscellaris, they are supposed to be less mean than the percs and other strains. I also heard that the best chance for them to all get along was if I didnt mix species. I had the b&w's since my first tank. they were my first fish. i added the orange ones about 2 months ago. They got along fine for over a month then all heck broke loose. lol

Nope not yet. I have several things that could interest them too. lol I had enough of hosting though, they almost killed my elegance coral. :-( They seem very happy to just bodysurf all day in the return stream. Thats literally all they do all day long, back and forth six feet. They must be getting some workout. hehe

I was thinking as long as theyre not hosting, you could prob move some rock and add some juveniles they wont pair, but would allow you to have more, they should become a family at that point.

I still have the agressive two left, the b&w's were the ones getting terroized. They were only put back in the 125g cause they were harassing a yellow watchman in the cube, so I wouldnt risk these two with any other smaller fish. I was planning on not adding any fish to the 125g after the deaths in there but I had to in this case. I was waiting til august to begin restocking if everything stayed disease free.

I dohave hopes to get one more pair though. Just not sure which ones and where they will go. lol

Another pr wouldnt be a good idea bit theyd probably adopt some juves. Just saying, iits your tank, and if it doesnt feel right, dont do it.

Yep, I think I may be out of the woods as far as disease. It's been at least a month I think since the outbreak that killed my babies. I'm gonna give it a few more weeks probably to be sure before I add again.

I'm pretty pleased with the 125g as of now, just needs more fish LOL. I only have 3 that swim around in that huge tank. I also have scoped out some new corals to add so hopefully I can do that soon. :)

I'd say if you still have some livestock in the 125 and added a clownfish pr that haven't caught any disease, you're good to go....but I can understand the rather be safe than sorry part:)

Well I don't think it's ich or velvet now, BUT I'd like to wait out their life cycle just to be sure.

I guess the next question is gonnabe what do I stock? I'm thinking 3 Blue reef chromis to start. I'd like one more tang, just can't decide and it would have to look nothing like the yellow one I have already, she's the ruler of that tank. lol

I'm tossing around ideas like anthias, jawfish and another goby, a sand sifter probably. Other than that, I can't think of anything. hehe but I'm sure that will change.

I think you should spend your waiting time taking pictures of that new Mandy baby and posting them on your cube thread, lol!

I know, I'm staring at her right now as I type. :-D

She's so friendly too, she comes right up to the glass for me, it's darling.

I'm just still nervous about her ya know? I don't wanna jinx anything. lol

Dang it I was gonna recommend a trigger because they are quite personable but I don't believe any shrimp would last long .....although I've heard that triggers don't bother certain shrimp...guess I'm not willing to spend 30 bucks to find out

I'm resigned to no more shrimp in thew 125g after I lost the 5 cleaners. :-( I still have no idea who was after them. Whatever got them didnt eat them, just killed em. I still have 2 peppermints left out of 4 I think so they are hanging on. And I believe I still own a pistol shrimp, haven't seen him since the tank upgrade. lol But he does make a mess with the sand.

I was wondering how much of a difference there really is between a 125 and a 180....I know it's six more inches in width and the depth goes up, but how much does that really matter? The reason I ask is I've been looking at naso tangs, I like the blonde ones, hehe, but they are recommened for 180g+.

I have the 6 foot tank already so it shouldnt be a swimming room issue.

What do you guys think? Is a naso too much for the 125g I have? It shows as being peaceful which is very important to me, I have a pretty friendly tank. :)

I'd say you're ok with putting a naso in your 125. I have a niger in mine and they get pretty big. Nasos do look gorgeous though

****edit***** don't mind me, I'm constantly getting triggers and tangs mixed up. Live aquaria says max size is 1'6" but I'd say they prob only get 12"maybe 14" on average. Go for it

huma-huma said:
I'd say you're ok with putting a naso in your 125. I have a niger in mine and they get pretty big. Nasos do look gorgeous though

****edit***** don't mind me, I'm constantly getting triggers and tangs mixed up. Live aquaria says max size is 1'6" but I'd say they prob only get 12"maybe 14" on average. Go for it

+1 I would say that's a great max size marker .. I have a friend who has had his for about 5 years ... and it looks to be about 10 inches .. he also bought it already at 4 - 6 inches.do id say if anything u have good 5 years to find another 220 on craigslist...

Yeah they really need to establish an "average size" designation for every fish, I feel that the max size listing is a bit misleading

I'm resigned to no more shrimp in thew 125g after I lost the 5 cleaners. :-( I still have no idea who was after them. Whatever got them didnt eat them, just killed em. I still have 2 peppermints left out of 4 I think so they are hanging on. And I believe I still own a pistol shrimp, haven't seen him since the tank upgrade. lol But he does make a mess with the sand.

I was wondering how much of a difference there really is between a 125 and a 180....I know it's six more inches in width and the depth goes up, but how much does that really matter? The reason I ask is I've been looking at naso tangs, I like the blonde ones, hehe, but they are recommened for 180g+.

I have the 6 foot tank already so it shouldnt be a swimming room issue.

What do you guys think? Is a naso too much for the 125g I have? It shows as being peaceful which is very important to me, I have a pretty friendly tank. :)

Well instead of a 180 gal, why not get a gallon to span one entire living room wall, then you won't have to worry about any compatible, cause they probably won't see each other for months. LMAO hehehehe ( Don't forget to install a sliding ladder, paint it with fishie colors, and attach fins to the sides. :hide:

Well I think I am kinda caught up on this thread, skimmed through some of it so I hope I didn't miss anything important!

My starry blenny always looks this fat too! I figured out it is because he eats the algae off of the sand and while doing that he also eats the sand. He is constantly pooping sand haha it's kinda funny!

I finally got a picture of my fat blenny. I think it's hilarious how big he is, but should he be that fat? LOL

img_1472419_0_672995ca9ef431ebe472e172f57cc49f.jpg

img_1472419_1_c8928b0826fa95f159f1538d668b1e64.jpg

Back
Top Bottom