Carey's LAST Build- 125g Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All full! Yumm! LOL

But anyways, I've been thinking about my stocklist to finish up this tank. I know I want for sure, no doubt, 5 blue reef chromis. They are in stock at this moment and I can get them BUT I also wanted to add that midas blenny but he's NOT in stock and hasn't been for awhile and I've been on the waitlist forever it seems. Should I just pick another fish and place the order finally? I'm tired of my low action tank. :-( The two tangs, pootie and twitchy are inseparable but if I go near the tank too close they bolt. I would really like to have active fish swimming around and I just know the chromis are what the tank needs. :)

So should I NOT get the midas and go with something else or wait it out?

go with something else but leave room for him. you know that your 90 is going to need stocking so you can pick him up then?

sweety pie got me hooked on this tomato basil mozzarella thing, its absolutely amazing.

tomatoes sliced on top of fresh mozzarella, fresh basil chopped and sprinkled on top, then evoo and balsamic vinegar drizzled on top of the basil tomato mozzarella once thats all done just lightly salt with course sea salt or kosher salt.

enjoy, its addictive.

That sounds so good! I want italian now. lol I had mexican today, actually quite good. :)

Just went over to my 125g and I found a huge bristleworm. ugghh...gonna have to get a trap for that guy. We'll have none of them in my tank if I can help it..

If you can raise the level in the sump you can go longer between top ups or cover the tank on my 175 I can go a week + before the pumps catch air. I top it off with about 5g each time. It may help with the work load a bit. Just kill the pumps and see how much room to spare just add water until it's 3-4" below the top of the sump.

there's nothing wrong with having a common bristle worm in a reef. it's the eunicid worms, fire worms and oenone fulgida that are mistaken for common bristle worms and cause problems.

My thoughts on tomatoes: I had them once on pizza. It was the best pizza I have ever tasted in my life. It had fresh mozzarella, basil, and tomatoes!

My thoughts on the stocklist: I wouldn't wait much longer to get the Chromis. You can always get the Benny later, right? Or did you want to get them at the same time so you could QT them together?

Last edited:
some people find that they are good cuc and keep them. Me, I am afraid to put my hand in the tank with them in there LOL. I heard they give quite the sting

if you ever worked with fiberglass insulation and got some in your skin, you'll know exactly what it feels like to make contact with a bristle worm. it's really no big deal.

Really ? I've heard some horror stories of getting stung... I'm a very squeamish kinda chick and super scared of icky things. I can't even garden because the worms in the dirt bug me out. lol

On the same kinda topic, I bought a fangtooth blenny the other day and have found out it can bite and is venomous. :-( Would a bite be that painful do ya think? I'm paranoid now to do a water change and re scape.

Really ? I've heard some horror stories of getting stung... I'm a very squeamish kinda chick and super scared of icky things. I can't even garden because the worms in the dirt bug me out. lol

On the same kinda topic, I bought a fangtooth blenny the other day and have found out it can bite and is venomous. :-( Would a bite be that painful do ya think? I'm paranoid now to do a water change and re scape.

Really? The striped Blenny in the rimless in venomous? Good thing you found out. I think the pet store should have said something.

I figure he didn't know. Another day I didn't have my reference book to check either. But he's an awesome fish, swims around the tank all day

I figure he didn't know. Another day I didn't have my reference book to check either. But he's an awesome fish, swims around the tank all day

That's fantastic! I love active fish. They add so much life to the tank! He has nice colors too!

i've been poked by bristle worms hundreds of times. i put a drop of crazy glue gel,on the spines that are in my finger, then pull it off, and out come the bristles, just like fiberglass, and that's about it. unless you are overly sensitive. some folks touch corals and get rashes and such.

The only problem I'm having is he hasn't eaten yet that I can see. I've never had a fish not eat the same day as being introduced to the tank. I've tried several foods too and nothing yet.

Hmmmm, do you have any pods in there? According to LA it says they eat small crustaceans in the rock, so I assume that is pods. Maybe you could add some until he is ready to start eating prepared foods.:)

Back
Top Bottom