Carey's LAST Build- 125g Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It came with the stock bulbs but I just recently added ATI bulbs. 6 aquablue specials, 4 blue plus's and 2 purple plus's. I'm not very happy with the purple bulbs as it makes my tank look too purple, I have way too much coralline algae LOL.

Side note: After looking at the new fish and the ones already in the tank I think I can probably add some more livestock. I was thinking 2 medium sized fish....maybe two female anthias to go with my male? I really think I want a flame hawk in there too but from what I've read they are mostly perchers so that wouldn't "fill" up the tank very much. LOL

Any ideas guys?

Do the females and flame for it's personality! What site did you buy the bulbs from? I know 72" are hard to come by.

It takes 12 36" bulbs. :) Alot easier and cheaper than getting 60" bulbs so I'm happy about that.

Today is Friday so if I see a flame hawk I might be tempted to purchase it. I don't have a qt tank though as I started breaking down the 55g last night.

I know the hawk can fit just wondering if two more anthias would be too too much. The females I don't think will get as large as the male thankfully but it's just a thought I had while watching the fish swim around last night. There's not much more fish wise that i want really, I was also thinking a sifting diamond back goby but not sure on that....

It's a 125g, I would go for it. They will school and get your tangs out more. I don't see you having to much if you put them in.. IMO

+1 on the flame hawk. love mine. and a tough litte guy!!! the anthias would be cool too. i just dont know much about live stock to recommend any.

you could get a magnificent foxface. a little pricey but neat looking fish.

It was shopping day for me! Yay! I only got one thing, a pagoda cup coral. It's floating in tank now and I will take some pictures in a bit. It's a rather large specimen too which is a nice bonus. Almost bought a clam but I will wait for the new lights on my 20g rimless before I get one I think. :)

I looked at the foxface but the venom thing turned me off of them. lol

carey said:
It was shopping day for me! Yay! I only got one thing, a pagoda cup coral. It's floating in tank now and I will take some pictures in a bit. It's a rather large specimen too which is a nice bonus. Almost bought a clam but I will wait for the new lights on my 20g rimless before I get one I think. :)

I looked at the foxface but the venom thing turned me off of them. lol

Scary @$$.... It won't bother u... Lol

Yep, I'm paranoid and scared, no issue there. LOL I have a fangtooth blenny and I'm always super careful when I'm in that tank...hehe

Here is a picture of my new coral, looks much more colorful under my lights than it did in the store, I didn't notice how much pink/purple there was in it :-D

img_1615674_0_2f12a9f0bb69b6f63d956973a60945a8.jpg

img_1615674_1_cf9e21daedf304880ca234a04f582113.jpg

And one more shot of the chromis, they are just so cool!!

img_1615674_2_693b2e73150d42e4e0ae66d01b69f252.jpg

so do i kio. and really the foxface is a scardy cat. if im in the tank he does everything he can to be as far away from me as possible. never had a problem with him. i really like the new coral.

I like the new coral too, the tank is really starting to fill up, it looks great! I am also scared to have a venomous fish, the thought of getting stung scares me.

Thanks so much guys, I appreciate it. :)

Yeah, the venom thing doesn't even sound good, I just can't get myself to get one . LOL Plus they have to be netted differently and it just seems like too much of a hassle for me. Part of the reason I won't get another anemone, I was really really tempted today, he had some nice ones.

For those following the saga of the 55g tank, it is pretty much successfully nuked. LOL The 2 cups of ammonia and the 50g of fresh water took care of the aipastia already. Took a few hours and now they are either all balled up or just plain gone. One step closer to putting the 90g together. I was looking at my stand today too at the store, can't wait to get it! It's gonna be the nicest stand I own. :-D

Thanks so much guys, I appreciate it. :)

Yeah, the venom thing doesn't even sound good, I just can't get myself to get one . LOL Plus they have to be netted differently and it just seems like too much of a hassle for me. Part of the reason I won't get another anemone, I was really really tempted today, he had some nice ones.

For those following the saga of the 55g tank, it is pretty much successfully nuked. LOL The 2 cups of ammonia and the 50g of fresh water took care of the aipastia already. Took a few hours and now they are either all balled up or just plain gone. One step closer to putting the 90g together. I was looking at my stand today too at the store, can't wait to get it! It's gonna be the nicest stand I own. :-D

Great! I'm glad the aipatasia is dead already, that was quick! What color is the stand again?

It's going to be black, but it's more a piece of furniture than any stand I've seen other than my 55g setup, that has a TV stand which is very nice. It has edges to cover the tank frame along the bottom and is nice and sturdy. Very classy ;-)

Unless a guy I called today on CL gets back to me on his used stand I will most likely go with the new "classy" one I went to visit today. lol

I also am kinda bummed though, found a 220g tank and stand for $300 and I can't get it. No room. Not even close to any room. I don't want to disturb the pretty new setup of the 125g to upgrade so I just plain can't get the 220g. :-(

It's going to be black, but it's more a piece of furniture than any stand I've seen other than my 55g setup, that has a TV stand which is very nice. It has edges to cover the tank frame along the bottom and is nice and sturdy. Very classy ;-)

Unless a guy I called today on CL gets back to me on his used stand I will most likely go with the new "classy" one I went to visit today. lol

I also am kinda bummed though, found a 220g tank and stand for $300 and I can't get it. No room. Not even close to any room. I don't want to disturb the pretty new setup of the 125g to upgrade so I just plain can't get the 220g. :-(

Black is my favorite color on a stand, it looks really nice, great choice! Maybe the 220 wasn't meant to be, everything happens for a reason (at least that is what I say, LOL).

Back
Top Bottom