Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-26-2011, 10:27 AM   #2271
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Oh, almost forgot,the new diamond goby has already dug himself a nice large borrow, exactly 6 feet away from my watchman gobies territory. So far they havent met but I;m hoping they don't fight if they do. The new guy is still a little jumpy though.

Anyone know if diamond sifting gobies can form a relationship with a pistol shrimp? Cause the pink wathcman I have doesnt seem to want anything to do with the pistol and it's been months. LOL

Old 08-27-2011, 01:51 AM   #2272
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Added a red monti to the 125g today, doesn't look red under my lighting though....

Old 08-27-2011, 01:58 AM   #2273
Aquarium Advice Addict

i may be missing something obvious but whats that greenish thing just north of it?
Old 08-27-2011, 01:59 AM   #2274
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Just plain ole zooas, they are kinda pink but are taking over, almost time to learn to frag.
Old 08-27-2011, 01:23 PM   #2275
Aquarium Advice Freak

Any advice on how to get zoas to grow faster? Just wondering cause I'm gonna have to buy frags, can't afford much else lol and I love how they look when they cover a rock
Old 08-27-2011, 01:53 PM   #2276
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbrown4u View Post
Any advice on how to get zoas to grow faster? Just wondering cause I'm gonna have to buy frags, can't afford much else lol and I love how they look when they cover a rock
You and I are in the same boat. Going to have to do everything I can with frags and just wait for them to grow.
Old 08-27-2011, 01:57 PM   #2277
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
it depends on the zoa. some are super fast growers (usually the ones you don't want to keep) and the really really really colorful ones are slow as molasses...lol
Old 08-27-2011, 02:20 PM   #2278
Aquarium Advice Freak

That sucks lol cause I want the cool looking ones, and yea rdnelson everything to do with saltwater is expensive, luckily I live in fl and get pretty good prices, still too much for me but find a way
Old 08-27-2011, 04:41 PM   #2279
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I have soem regualr generic zooas and they grow like weeds. I need to start fragging they are so out of control. I did get 4 polyps of lunar eclipses and I already have 3 new polyps budding in just a few weeks.

i also have bad news on the 125g and good news.

The good news is I bought a HUGE ginormous toadstool leather.

The bad news is I came after about 3 hours out and founbd my new diamond sifting goby dead. :-( :-(

He was fine on the far left of the tank when I left the house adn when I got back he was in the lair of the pistol shrimp, dead.

I;m not sure if the pistol got him or he just died. He was acclimated over 2 hours and was fine when I left. No marks on him, just dead. The snails had just begun to start their buffet when I got him out.

Could a pistol shrimp actually kill a goby? I have no idea how big the pistol is now either, he has molted several times in the last few weeks and I havent seen him since he went into the tank a few months ago.

OR should I just stop buying my fish at petco? He really was sifting alot adn looked like he was perfectly healthy.
Old 08-27-2011, 04:45 PM   #2280
Aquarium Advice Freak

Can you post some pics of the lunar eclipses and ginormous toadstool? Lol and sorry to hear about your diamond watchman I never buy anything live from petco, I just don't trust it

Tags
1.5g, build, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com